Job title: Business Banking Team Lead
Company: University Federal Credit Union
Job description: Description :
As the Business Banking Team Lead, you will oversee the team responsible for delivering an exceptional member experience to small business owners. Our product suite will be offered in a variety of channels, include an in-person branch channel, a new digital banking channel, and a phone channel. The Business Banking Team Lead will have thorough knowledge of how our product suite can meet a small business owner’s financial needs. This person will work closely with the retail team to ensure that branch staff and the Business Banking Team work collaboratively to offer a smooth experience for members needing loans, deposits and cash management solutions.
As Austin’s largest locally-owned financial institution, University Federal Credit Union is a financial institution owned by, dedicated to, and always working for our Members. Our mission at UFCU is simple: to provide for the well-being of our Members. We’re proud to focus on people — not profits. We deliver fair and honest products and outstanding service, and we work collaboratively within our organization as well as our community to help Members achieve their personal and financial goals.
Consistently receiving awards as the Top Credit Union and Top Mortgage Company, UFCU is proud of its people-first culture. We value our employees as much as our Members. We offer an environment where people care about each other – like family. If you want to love what you do, make an impact in your community, and have the power to help people change their lives – then we’re glad you’re here.
- Deliver an outstanding member experience to business members by providing business banking solutions tailored to the financial needs and circumstances of their business.
- Develop and maintain trusted, positive relationships with employees, members and vendors.
- Target business members with annual revenue of less than $5 million.
- Identify and cultivate long-term, primary banking relationships for targeted businesses.
- Collaborate effectively with credit and loan administration partners to identify and manage risk.
- Ensure compliance with lending policies, procedures, guidelines, and regulatory requirements to maximize efficiency through the loan origination process.
- Plan work and accomplish production goals based on experience and sound judgment.
- Actively manage loan portfolio by enhancing the Member experience and monitoring risk.
- Build collaborative relationships with partners across UFCU (Wealth Management, Mortgage Lending, Branch Teams, Insurance, Consumer Lending) to connect members with specialists who can help meet all their financial needs
- Protect the firm by following sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements
- Maintain strict adherence and compliance to all laws, rules, regulations and internal controls specific to your role, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and Fair Lending regulations.
- Assist with Business Banking product development and service delivery as we expand our product suite to small businesses in our community in alignment with UFCU’s strategic plan.
- Assist other Business Banking Specialists in understanding and meeting member’s deposit, loan and cash management needs.
- Establish goals and best practices for the future Business Banking Specialist team and branch retail teams.
- Coach, motivate, and develop team members supporting our Business Banking program.
- Provide guidance on Business Banking policies and procedures.
- Build deep relationships with retail leadership and staff to facilitate collaboration around an outstanding member experience for small business owners.
- Help ensure the Business Banking team is meeting profitability and production goals and targets.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and escalation point for team members by demonstrating extensive knowledge of Business Banking solutions.
- Thorough understanding of core business banking products and services
- General business experience and knowledge of business credit
- Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally
- Understanding of how to coach and train a variety of stakeholders in order to achieve a seamless member experience
- Ability to build relationships with members and internal partners
- Ability to balance needs of members with associated risks and interests of the firm
- Highly proficient in MS Office tools including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Analyze, synthesize and communicate financial data and related issues in an accurate, objective and straightforward manner
- Building Member Loyalty
- Building Partnerships
- Emotional Intelligence
- Focus on Results
- Leading the Organization (Decision Making and Systems Thinking)
- Leading Others (Building a Successful Team, Coaching & Developing Others, Leading Change, Servant Leadership)
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a business banking relationship management role selling and servicing loan, deposit and cash management products
- Experience opening business deposit accounts and understanding business entity documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience training and coaching retail staff on business account basics
- Previous experience utilizing a loan origination system
- Previous experience onboarding business members onto a digital banking platform
- Advanced credit underwriting training
- Sales management experience
- Core Values
- UFCU Mission
- UFCU Vision
- 7 Credit Union Principles
Things You Need to Know Before You Apply
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without accommodation, in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Employee will make extensive use of the telephone or other communication platforms requiring the ability to effectively and accurately explain complex information. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is required to frequently work at UFCU Plaza in Austin, Texas.
- May occasionally require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours.
- May occasionally move from one work location/branch to another.
- Public contact position, requiring appropriate professional appearance.
- Frequent computer use at a workstation of up to two hours at a time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Job Information
Manager, Business Banking
Location: Austin, TX
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 05:14:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!