Job title: CAD/CAM Design Engineer
Company: SCHUNK Intec Inc
Job description: Description:
The CAD/CAM Design Engineer position will be a hybrid role between the design and manufacturing teams, reporting to the Design Engineering Manager. As the CAD/CAM Design Engineer, you will be the process owner within the Engineering team structuring and maintaining the steps to go from design to manufacturing for 3 to 5 axis mills, lathes, and mill-turn machines. This will include creating procedures, designing fixtures and engineered to order components, creating CAD/CAM template models, maintaining manufacturing data/programs/tools, and representing an attitude of continuous improvement for the process. This individual will work with a cross functional team of application, design, and manufacturing engineers to connect the teams and deliver engineered solutions to the various industries supported by SCHUNK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Provide general technical/engineering support for manufacturing and application engineering.
- Participate in and occasionally manage continuous improvement projects (CIP) or other Engineering improvements.
- Review project details with application engineering to design solutions and create drawings for customer approval.
- Design Engineered to Order (ETO) components and assemblies to meet customer expectations.
- Utilize 3D CAD software to create component models, assembly models, and detailed technical drawings showing all necessary manufacturing requirements, tolerances, and dimensions.
- Maintain technical information in accordance with the Engineering Change Request (ECR) process and company procedures.
- Create/Maintain material master information for components and Bills of Materials for assemblies.
- Perform Engineering calculations and other analysis to verify designs meet application requirements. Typically related to Hydraulic/pneumatic systems and/or Force and mechanical calculations.
- Utilize CAM software to design toolpaths and verify machine simulations for 3-5 axis mills and lathes. Responsible for posting to various machines and working with manufacturing to maintain fixturing for CAM programs.
- Create templates for standardizing model-based designs (MBD), and CAM programs.
- Implement improvements with manufacturing regarding machining processes.
- Design internal fixturing, assembly tools, or other items necessary for manufacturing.
- Previous experience with CAD/CAM modeling.
- Knowledge of general design principles with specific emphasis towards hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and force applications.
- Creative problem solving required to provide SCHUNK customers with customized engineering solutions.
- Working knowledge of Creo Parametric CAD, Windchill, and/or CreoNC CAM is preferred.
- Working knowledge with CNC machine coding and G-code standards is preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- Experience with Automation and or Clamping technology highly desired.
- German Language skills are a plus, but not required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Four year college or University degree in an Engineering discipline OR two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 1-3+ years prior experience in manufacturing or automation Industries.
Location: Morrisville, NC
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 07:10:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!