Job title: CAD Drafter – Telecommunications
Company: Sigma Technologies, Ltd.
Job description: Description:
CAD Drafter – Telecommunications
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Please note: This position can work fully remotely, but new hires may be required to come to our home office in Perrysburg, OH for initial orientation and training.
Are you searching for a career that not only challenges you but also makes a real difference for millions of people? Sigma employees work closely with our nation’s utilities every day, doing the field, drafting, and design work needed to build, maintain, and improve the country’s telecommunications and power networks. We are looking for confident, hard-working people who like hands-on learning. If you want to work in a supportive team environment based on strong values, visit our webpage to learn more about us. If Sigma sounds like a fit and you think you are up to the challenge, apply with us!
We work hard to offer our associates comprehensive and affordable benefits to help them stay healthy, happy, and secure including:
- Consumer-directed health plans, including both low deductible and high deductible options and a Health Savings Account (HSA). Depending on the plan the company may contribute up to 80% of the plan premium
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with matching contributions up to 5% of salary
- Six Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
- Education and Professional Licensing Assistance Programs
Drafters transform initial rough product designs using computer-aided design (CAD and Micro Station) into working documents. Drafters should have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the practice of drafting and will rely on standards, instructions, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Executes work orders for the drafting of infrastructure while meeting quality, time, and budget constraints
- Performs 2-D Civil and/or Electrical type design in CAD (i.e. AutoCAD, MicroStation)
- Interprets general drawings, data, and notes and apply established drafting guidelines, processes, and procedures
- Education or Experience: High School Diploma or Equivalent is required. Computer-aided drafting training/certification/experience is preferred
- The ability to read and comprehend engineering schematics
- The ability to learn and operate customer based proprietary software and other computer systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Dependable transportation and valid driver’s license and insurance
- Able to pass a background check/drug test/driving record check
- Computer literate – especially Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to endure frequent, lengthy periods of sedentary work and sit for prolonged periods of time, including at a desk.
- Must be able to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have the physical ability to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing notes, and viewing a computer terminal; these activities require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have the physical ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word and convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, often in a group setting.
- Must have the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
This job advertisement should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the primary responsibilities and requirements of a job. The individual may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this advertisement.
This document does not constitute an employment agreement between Sigma and the employee and is subject to change by Sigma as the needs of the organization and/or the requirements of the function change.
Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Sigma is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on an employee’s race, color, gender, sexual preference, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, or any other classification protected by law.
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Job date: Wed, 06 Jul 2022 07:16:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!