Job title: Cafe Service Staff
Company: Frick Art Historical Center
Job description: Café Service Staff
Through excellent customer service, provide visitors to The Café at the Frick with an excellent dining experience. Become familiar with and perform all aspects of the front side of the Café; this includes: cashier, host, server, busser, sales, stocking, opening/closing, and cleaning. Some additional back of house duties also required. The Café Service Staff will foster positive internal and external relationships, bring energy, enthusiasm to the café and work in a collaborative environment in order to maintain and grow the reputation of the Café. The Café Service Staff will be joining the Frick during an exciting period of renewal and change, as the museum seeks to become an actively anti-racist organization that can serve as a vital resource for our entire community.
- Must have a commitment to fostering a workplace culture of Equity and Inclusion!
- Please note that all employees must be able to show proof of COVID vaccination!
Reports to: Café Manager
Hours: Part-time, hourly. Tuesday through Sunday, daylight, no set schedule, some evening hours.
Hourly Rate: $13.50 per hour, plus shared tips
- Become familiar with daily features, lunch and dessert items
- Assist with food preparation
- Have a working knowledge of the current menu and be able to explain all menu items to guests
- Service tables in a professional efficient and friendly manner
- Welcome guests, answer questions and direct guests to counter to order
- Working knowledge of POS systems, ability to process payments and handle cash
- Opening and closing side work
- Assist with dishwashing
- Cleaning – clean kitchen and front of house
- Keep beverage areas stocked and organized
- Service bar duties
- Stock supplies and inform the Café Manager if low on any items
- Work with the Café Manager to handle any problems arising with visitors to ensure customer satisfaction
- Treat visitors and colleagues with respect and courtesy at all times
- Other duties, as requested by management
- Possess an enthusiastic, professional and positive attitude
- Serving experience preferred
- Flexibility in working a varied schedule
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Clearance of a criminal background check
- Become RAMP and servsafe certified if not already (paid by Frick)
The Frick Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a workplace culture of accessibility, inclusion, diversity, and racial equity and urges qualified diverse applicants to apply.
The Frick Pittsburgh is observing ALL Government, State, and Local guidelines and protocols for COVID 19 safety including; work from home; social distancing and mask wearing
Expected salary: $13.5 per hour
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 07:46:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!