Job title: Category Lead Professional Services and IT/Telecom
Job description: span style=”font-family:”Arial”,sans-serif”
Join Amcor and you can be part of the team that makes the packaging of the future better for people and our planet.
Here at Amcor, we work together every day to make a positive impact on the lives of millions of people across the globe by providing packaging for essential products, including food, beverages, pharmaceutical, medical, home and personal-care.
We are sustainability leaders in our industry. We are the first global packaging company to commit to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025.
Our products are vital to support the lives of millions of people across the globe every day.
We are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to innovating and driving new solutions to create more sustainable packaging solutions.
To find out more about our commitment to sustainability and about Amcor, visit
At Amcor Rigid Packaging (ARP), our teams are focused on developing and making plastic bottles and jars that create a unique experience and are better for the environment. Our bottles and jars are primarily made from PET (polyethylene terephthalate), which has
rapidly become the world’s preferred packaging material. PET is lightweight, shatterproof, recloseable, resealable, reusable and infinitely recyclable*.
With approximately 6,000 people across about 50 manufacturing operations in 11 countries and an annual revenue of US$2.9 Billion, ARP provides rigid packaging solutions to the beverage, pharmaceutical, food, and home and personal care segments.
Learn more about the many benefits of PET bottles
*with existing technologies including chemical recycling
Amcor Rigid Packaging
Procurement Category Lead
HYBRID / Ann Arbor, MI
Continuously reduce the total cost of ownership and secure supply for Professional Services and IT/Telecom. Establish strategies and lead initiatives that will enable the implementation of strategic procurement objectives in assigned areas of spend while working closely with various operational/functional roles and locations. Also responsible for driving best performance in line with Amcor’s strategic objectives while assuring compliance with Amcor, customer and regulatory requirements.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Drive commodity and category-level improvement programs on cost, quality excellence, and supply chain at suppliers. Develop and maintain a portfolio of cost saving projects that meet Amcor targets for spend cost reduction
- Work with Functional, Engineering, Operations, Commodity/category Managers, Sourcing functions, Logistics and the supply base to develop target-cost and low-cost alternatives. Understand all the components of related costs to know where opportunities exist that need to be addressed. Regularly organize and conduct pricing benchmarks and competitive analysis
- Develop a point team with a broad range of commercial, technical, and organizational skills to ensure high leverage in supplier selection, approval, negotiations and performance management
- Track and report savings, support procure-to-pay process improvement within the Category area, monitor TCO improvement as well as working capital improvement. Adjust strategies to ensure continual improvement of Cost and Supply Base performance
- Understand markets to know who the leaders in pricing, technology and service are and drive to the lowest possible total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Develop sub commodity strategies by evaluating annual spend of suppliers, existing piece price / rates being paid today, and help develop should be costs models to be used in commercial negotiations
- Establish long term and cost competitive supplier relationships at high performance standards. Obtain and maintain supplier profiles. Lead category quarterly supplier performance assessment through balanced scorecards to drive world class performance
- Build strong rapport with suppliers to position ARP as a preferred and trusted business partner and ensure an uninterrupted supply of quality goods at optimum cost
- Identify supply risks to supply/cost and develop plan to mitigate risks
- Leverage current supply base or identify new suppliers to support new product launches / initiatives. Drive the efforts to move business away from suppliers that are not preferred. Work with all stakeholders to understand the right number of suppliers required
- Define, collaborate and execute negotiation strategy, negotiation schedule and supplier selection criteria to support the assigned commodity/category strategy execution to meet ProcurePlus business objectives
- Obtain and maintain supplier profiles of strategic suppliers as required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college required
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration preferred
- Certification: Preferred PMP, C.P.M., CPSM, CPSD, CPIM or CSCP
- Other education: Preferred Six Sigma, Should Cost Modeling, Change Management, Project Management
- Minimum five years of procurement experience in Procurement leading category strategies
- Prefer three plus years of experience managing indirect categories
- Three years of experience in the manufacturing industry with multi state locations
- Excellent analytic, problem solving, decision making, team building, project management, strategic development, and change management skills
- Skilled negotiator/results oriented with a track record of delivering cost savings and comprehensive knowledge of sourcing and category management
- Proven communication and organizational skills. Ability to write reports and business correspondence and maintain business procedure documentation
- Ability to interact and collaborate with various levels of people internally and externally. Ability to work cross-functionally, influence behaviours, and gain consensus
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks. Ensure issues are addressed immediately and appropriate stake holders are kept informed
- Understanding of general finance and make/buy analysis. Understanding of contractual terms and conditions and how to mitigate risks
- Strong data manipulation skills in Microsoft applications and working knowledge of company information and data systems used by Procurement (SAP, Ariba, etc.)
Manages relationships with the following internal customers/other colleagues
- Procurement Directors/Managers
- Engineering Directors/Managers
- Operations Directors/Managers
- Finance Directors/Managers
- Engages with suppliers and other external stakeholder
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
Managing & Measuring Work
Dealing with Ambiguity
Work Environment: Office Environment
- The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities, skills and/or abilities.
- Travel: 10-15%
Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860’s and come a long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites.
At Amcor we believe in talent through diversity and promote equal opportunity in the workplace and recognise that discrimination and harassment of co-workers based on race, creed, disability, gender, marital or maternity status, religious or political beliefs, age or sexual orientation is unlawful.
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Job date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 05:49:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!