Job title: Certified Pharmacy Technician – Dunn Behavioral Sciences Center/HCPC at UTHealth
Company: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Job description: Join a growing team! With the opening of Dunn Behavioral Sciences Center/HCPC at UTHealth, we will soon have the largest academic psychiatric hospital in the country, serving the region with an 500+ bed facility. Our dedicated health care employees will have the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of mental health specialties and cutting-edge research. With exposure to a variety of specialties such as Acute, Subacute, and Intensive Outpatient, Continuum of Care, Mood Disorders, ECT, Early Onset Treatment , Adult General Psychiatry, Competency Restoration, Child and Adolescent, Juvenile Justice, Geriatric Psychiatry, Treatment Mall and Unit-Based Programming.
This dedicated team will work in an integrated campus to bring world class resources to the community. Apply today to be a part of this committed team serving the mental health needs of the area.
Under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist, compounds and dispenses medical prescriptions. Maintaining patient records; sets up packages and labels medication doses; fills and dispenses routine orders for stock supplies of patient-care areas; refills and inventories automated dispensing machines, and maintains inventories of medication supplies. Technicians must function in strict accordance with standard, written procedures and guidelines with deviation approved by the supervising pharmacist.
Location: Dunn Behavioral Sciences Center/HCPC at UTHealth
Dept.: BSC Pharmacy
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Processes medication orders or prescriptions, accurately and safely compounds medications and IV admixtures in acceptable dosage forms, appropriately packages and dispenses pre-manufactured dosage forms.
2. Operates and uses appropriate techniques within systems for storage, preparation, and dispensing of medicinal agents and follows the health system’s policies regarding cart fill, unit dose distribution, of medication preparation and labeling, controlled substances reconciliation, and purchasing of pharmaceuticals and supplies.
3. Assists the pharmacist in the preparation of patient, physician and nursing education.
4. Assists the pharmacist in the retrieval of accurate, concise, applicable and timely drug information.
5. Collects patient-specific data to assist the pharmacist in designing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and modifying patient pharmacotherapy to ensure effective, safe and economical patient care including screening for IV to oral conversion, renal dosing adjustments, allergies and non-formulary prescribing.
6. Obtains clinical pharmacokinetic data to assist the pharmacist in designing effective, safe, and economical therapeutic medication regimens including the calculation of creatinine clearance in appropriate patients.
7. Assists with publishing and distributing newsletters and notices.
8. Effectively supports management.
9. Completes work activities through effective management of time, tasks, and available resources.
10. Manages own conduct, performance and attitude including time, space and paper; ethics; attendance and punctuality; and customer focus.
11. Participates in implementing goals and objectives, and policy and procedures of the department and facility
12. Performs other duties as assigned or scheduled.
Pharmacy technician program certification.
Active registration with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
An aptitude for working with other health care professionals.
High school diploma or equivalent
Two years of related experience.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
If you are looking for a great healthcare career in Houston, visit !
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is Houston’s Health University and Texas’ resource for health care education, innovation, scientific discovery and excellence in patient care. The most comprehensive academic health center in the UT System and the U.S. Gulf Coast region, UTHealth is home to schools of biomedical informatics, biomedical sciences, dentistry, nursing and public health and the John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical School. UTHealth includes The University of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center, as well as the growing clinical practices UT Physicians, UT Dentists and UT Health Services. The university’s primary teaching hospitals are Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital.
UTHealth offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. For more information on our benefits programs please refer to the UTHealth Office of Benefits Website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
UTHealth is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. Reasonable accommodation, based on disability or religious observances, will be considered in accordance with applicable law and UTHealth policy. The University maintains affirmative action programs with respect to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and eligible veterans in accordance with applicable law.
UTHealth has adopted a policy consistent with CMS regulations to protect our patients and university community from exposure to COVID-19. This policy affects all employees, residents, fellows, students, contractors, new hires, visiting scholars program participants, adjunct faculty, and volunteers who work, train, or collaborate at the John S. Dunn Behavioral Science Center.
In addition, all UTHealth employees who are assigned to work at a location that is subject to the affiliated partner’s hospital, clinical offices, or agency are required to abide by UTHealth’s rules and regulations, as well as the affiliate’s rules and regulations, including COVID-19 vaccination and safety requirements.
Location: Dunn, NC
Job date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 07:49:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!