Job title: Change Management Communications and Media Specialist
Job description: When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
Your primary responsibility will be creating and executing effective and engaging change management plans (including communications, training and support) for the Digital Workplace team’s technical programs and projects, which impact unique employee groups and executives across every Verizon business unit. This includes the end-to-end design, production, publication and maintenance of on-brand email communications, Slack channel posts, intranet site articles, video clips, training presentations, technical support documents, live Q&A events and other content across multiple channels to reach targeted audiences.
Our employees are our customers, so we make it easy for them to do their work by listening, anticipating and responding to their needs. Using a keen eye for detail and an attentive ear to user feedback, you will be challenged with continually analyzing, adjusting and improving the multi-channel content and employee experience associated with the portfolio of workplace tools that our team manages. Your goal is to ensure that the right content is seen by the right people, meeting employee’s current needs and anticipating their future demand.
Because ours is a small team, you will be expected to evaluate decisions quickly and act fast without sacrificing quality or delivery excellence. With your manager’s guidance, you will become increasingly fluent with the company’s internal structure and systems, be a key contact among subject matter experts across the business, and take active ownership of understanding how our employees can make the most of the workplace tools and programs available to them-ultimately driving adoption and increasing satisfaction.
- Develop a strategy for launching applications and major features
- Review new capabilities and develop a launch plan
- Perform organizational change management assessments by analyzing a project’s requirements, timeline, impacts and risk/resistance
- Produce comprehensive organizational change management plans that effectively communicate, train and support impacted employees through their journey along the traditional change curve
- Partner with the program management office and technical product teams to integrate change management activities and secure stakeholder engagement
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics and communicate decisions to management and business counterparts throughout the project
- Own the end-to-end development, delivery and management of communications, technical documentation, intranet content, video clips, Slack posts and other activities
- Accurately analyze, filter and segment employee directory data in spreadsheets and online database tools to target or exclude specific audiences by organizational leader, employee type, work location, information security requirements, unique roles and other criteria
- Draft from scratch or make critical edits to communications, articles and documents to ensure brand consistency, simplified language, optimal accessibility and user engagement
- Draft from scratch or make critical edits to video scripts, video files, audio voice overs, closed captions and other multimedia presentations using the tools provided
- Drive the digital proficiency of our employees by reviewing data to identify adoption gaps and develop plans to address
- Engage our communities of champions and employees
- Provide input, document requirements and support the design, development and delivery of training programs
- Develop, deliver and analyze surveys, interviews and focus groups to regularly monitor employee experience metrics and help inform project/portfolio decisions for the Digital Workplace team
- Rapidly re-evaluate and adapt change management and communication plans as necessary to accommodate evolving workplace demands and environments
- Serve as an early adopter and tester for new products and features that will be implemented across the company’s broad workplace tool portfolio
- Develop partnerships with communication teams and Learning & Development
*This role can sit out of any valid U.S. based Verizon work location.*
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Even better if you have:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), with experience drafting corporate communications, marketing content or technical documentation that articulates messages appropriately to a variety of audiences
- Organizational change management experience and a solid understanding of the change process
- Excellent presentation skills, with experience in training delivery or as a broadcast/video personality, both virtually and in-person
- Experience with social media content schedules and editorial deadlines
- Experience with training video scripting, editing and production
- Experience with instructional design and building training courses
- Experience working with executive-level staff
- Knowledge and experience in editing basic HTML and CSS
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships across a variety of business groups
- A knack for finding and relating elements of excitement in products or projects that others would consider “business as usual”
- Superior attention to detail in data analysis and content editing
- Knowledge of Project Management concepts, including Agile or Waterfall methodologies
- 3+ years of experience participating in large scale change initiatives and product implementations
- Experience with customer feedback/voice of the customer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Information Technology, UX/CX (User Experience or Customer Experience) or 5 years equivalent work experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.
Location: Basking Ridge, NJ
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 07:23:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!