Job title: Chief Hotel Maintenance Engineer-Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Inverness AL
Job description: Description:
Full Time Benefits, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Hotel Discounts Worldwide
What Makes a McKibbon Hotel Chief Maintenance Engineer?
As a leading member of the hotel management team, the hotel’s Chief Maintenance Engineer is accountable for proper hotel operations. The Chief Maintenance Engineer guides the workings of the hotel, including (but not limited to) plumbing, electrical, HVAC, pool and general facilities maintenance. You will report to the General Manager, and you are responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality work to ensure minimal disruption to guests.
A Day in the Life:
- Chief Maintenance Engineer should be capable of working on your own without constant supervision.
- You have responsibility of monitoring and maintaining the operations and functions of both the interior and exterior areas of the property.
- Chief Maintenance Engineer will follow the guidelines set up by McKibbon Hospitality in a manner that offers continued protection of company assets, associates, guest’s safety, and product presentation for promotion of enhanced guest satisfaction.
- You will have experience in the construction trades such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, basic heating and air conditioning, swimming pool maintenance, painting and caulking etc.
- Chief Maintenance Engineer will not be expected to be an expert in the above trades but will be expected to be proficient enough to do a good job and to train others in his department.
- Besides the trades skills this candidate will need to possess certain people skills that will allow them to be proactive and interactive with other associates and the guests of the hotel.
- Chief Maintenance Engineer will be capable of reading, understanding, and preparation of an operational and capital budget
- Chief Maintenance Engineer will monitor performance of service/contractor to insure that contracted service is performed satisfactorily
- Ability to communicate operational activities, priorities and problems with management engineers and supervisors
- Ability to evaluate and select job applicants based upon information obtained through personnel questionnaires, resumes and interviews
- Ability to observe employees’ work performance for comparison with performance standards
- Knowledge or methods and techniques for conducting on-the-job training
- Ability to create a learning environment encouraging employees to further develop their job skills
- Chief Maintenance Engineer will determine what action should be taken in response to a customer complaint, comment or inquiry.
- Ability to negotiate with service company/contractor to obtain the best price for services.
- Ability to estimate the time (labor) required to complete maintenance work.
- Ability to determine the best time scheduling maintenance jobs to avoid disrupting operation of the hotel.
- Chief Maintenance Engineer will proactively discern operational and maintenance concerns and address to eliminate downtime and avoid disaster.
- Knowledge of problem-solving techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of common causes of equipment malfunction.
- Ability to perform basic heating and air-conditioner repair and replacement skills not pertaining to the sealed refrigerant system.
- Chief Maintenance Engineer will perform basic painting and caulking skills.
- Ability to use standard hand tools, such as wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, hammers, electricity measurements.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance methods and techniques for maintaining equipment.
- Ability to perform tests to check for normal operation of hotel’s equipment.
- Ability to perform Basic Maintenance Skills. Plumbing, A/C Filter Changes, Clean Coils, Electrical work and Carpenter work.
- Chief Maintenance Engineer will identify the appropriate tools, parts, and equipment for use in performing a maintenance job.
- How to test pool and spa chemicals.
- Skilled in laundry and kitchen operation to allow operations to maintain and/or exceed production standards
- Skills in the use of fire equipment (ex. Fire hoses, and hand-held extinguishers).
- Able to conduct Fire Drills of Life Safety Programs.
- Skilled in fire alarm and sprinkler system testing and operation to maintain proper operational status.
- Knowledgeable on local, state, federal regulations for testing and operation in accordance with NFPA-72.
- 3 Years minimum experience in a lead maintenance type position
- Previous hotel experience is highly desired
Location: Birmingham, AL
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 07:14:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!