Job title: Civil Engineering BIM Technician Drafter/Designer
Company: Wallace Design Collective
Job description: Wallace Design Collective believes in helping our clients be successful through the artful application of engineering principles. Our core purpose is to “make lives better” – for our staff, our families, our professions and our communities. We want to be seen as an essential partner to our clients and the best engineering firm to work for by our employees. And we focus each day on trying to accomplish it.
Responsibilities and Skills
- The primary duties of the Civil Engineering BIM Technician are to prepare detailed drawings, layouts, maps, and graphical representations of engineering designs using AutoCAD and Civil 3D. These duties include working within Civil 3D to generate and modify electronic design data; providing assistance to engineers; creating plans; performing limited design work and managing plan production.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare design drawings for a variety of land development and municipal infrastructure projects. Knowledge of procedures for design, drafting, detailing, and production of documents is required.
- The ability to interpret and develop detailed drawings from AutoCAD models, sketches and mark-ups provided by professional civil engineers. Prepares accurate and complete sets of drawings which involve multiple views and detail drawings with minimal input from Project Manager or Engineer.
- Utilizes survey data.
- The ability to complete basic calculations related to preparing civil engineering drawings.
- Coordinates with other disciplines throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Site construction plan production, including grading; erosion control; dimensional control; drainage; and details.
- Land Development plan production, including but not limited to, plats; site design; utility design; grading; drainage plans; and details.
- Infrastructure plan production, including but not limited to, roadway; water; sanitary sewer; storm sewer; utility plans; and details.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Civil 3D functionality throughout the office.
- Places and manages files according to CAD Standards and prepares final drawings.
- Utilizes Company CAD standards and follows instruction per direction from Project Manager, Engineers, and lead CAD staff.
- The candidate will have strong AutoCAD Civil 3D technical abilities and a working proficiency with MS Office.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment and interact with staff and clients.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, quality work products, and excellent client service.
- 5-10 years of recent professional experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D and other drafting software to develop detailed designs for private and public civil engineering projects.
- Associate’s degree in Drafting/Design, Civil Engineering Technology, Surveying or related field from an accredited college/university and/or AutoCAD Certification plus appropriate continuing education.
- Formal education is preferred but not required in consideration of demonstrable proficiency and experience.
Expectations of Selected Candidate
Hold paramount the health, safety and welfare of the public; place the firm’s success as a high priority; support Wallace’s mission and vision; commit to impeccable quality and strive for error-free documents; commitment to providing clients with individualized service; keep employer informed of activities in connection with employment and any issues regarding unethical or unsafe behavior; good written and verbal communication skills; possession or acquisition of computer proficiency and relevant software knowledge, including MS Word, Excel and Filemaker; able to work independently, or cooperatively and harmoniously with a team; completion of work with accuracy and attention to detail; creative; able to prioritize, manage time, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines; demonstrate flexibility and adaptability; project a professional demeanor.
Wallace Design Collective is an equal employment opportunity employer, providing equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefit packages) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Job date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 06:44:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!