Job title: Client Accounting Associate
Job description: Company Description
Crossmedia is a future-built agency, one that focuses on solving problems. We are a super-charged, 100% transparent, highly analytical, totally integrated, creative media agency.
Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for three consecutive years- 2022, 2021 & 2020!
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Berlin and London (plus many remote workers) we are 550+ strong. Our client roster includes US Bank, White Castle, NASCAR, Tommy Hilfiger, PWC, The Hartford, Capital Group, Invesco, Torrid and more.
And, we like to have fun.
Our current work model is a hybrid with employees working onsite/remote (in and out of office with flexibility) or we also offer 100% remote roles too.
This position is an essential piece of the day-to-day function of our Client Accounting Group. A successful associate stewards the bill pay process through from beginning to end, functioning as the internal and external point of contact for finance related needs and deliverables, is proficient in excel, and is resourceful and demonstrates the initiative to participate beyond what is required. This person must demonstrate the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with internal teams, along with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Client Billing: Stewards media billing process by setting and maintaining agency and client timelines; including leading media teams in monthly invoice approval and processing, and ensuring all deliverables follow client requirements.
- Processes any client billing related to T&E or production, including aggregating and packaging any corresponding supporting documentation.
- AR (Accounts Receivable): Providing PDF and excel AR statements to internal teams and clients on regular cadence or on ad-hoc basis.
- Provides any documentation required to facilitate client payment.
- Follows up with client regarding payment status until aging items are resolved.
- Assists teams with payment tracking for priority invoices
- Communicates internally with media teams, client accounting management and accounting regarding client payment status.
- Invoice Management: Tends to maintenance of client records in 3rd party invoice management platform.
- Answers all questions timely, routes records as needed and works with the 3rd party client services to resolve any issues in a timely basis.
- Manages any necessary invoice corrections, though these are expected to be minimal.
- Ensures all required details are accurately captured by 3rd party when invoices are input into media buying system. Resolves any corrections as needed prior to invoice clearance.
- Communicates and resolves any invoice discrepancies with media teams primarily for digital, print and OOH though broadcast may be on an ad-hoc basis.
- Provides recommended invoice breakouts as needed to team, stewards team approval and then works with 3rd party to ensure invoice breakout is entered accordingly.
- Clears invoices for payment based on necessary invoice details being accurate and any discrepancies being resolved by media teams.
- Accounts Payable: Communicates with vendors, media teams and accounting clerk as needed to resolve any vendor inquiries.
- Works with Accounting Clerk as needed to finalize pre-payment runs to confirm all invoice details have been captured accurately.
- Reviews vendor statements and provides status as needed.
- Prior to any client billing reconciliation, confirms all vendor invoices are cleared and paid to each applicable vendor, and vendor financials align with internal records by review of vendor statements.
- Investigates and resolves any aging AP items in conjunction with the accounting clerk and media teams.
- Ideal candidate has 1-2 years of media ad agency related experience in client accounting, billing or budgeting
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Strong interpersonal & written skills and diplomacy a must; needs to be collaborative across multiple stakeholders
- Professionalism – integrity, reliability, diplomacy and flexibility
- Attention to detail – thorough and quality-oriented work
- Self-Starter – willing to work independently or part of a team
- Team player – open minded, willing to help team and company for a common goal
It’s more than just doing the job, it’s about doing things the right way and living our values of Trust, Reason and Happiness, day-in and day-out. Our culture is of the upmost importance, and we lead with a genuine and authentic approach.
- Fully Funded Medical Benefits
- Fully Funded Dental
- Fully Funded Vision
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k Match
- Student Loan Reimbursment
- Flexible Spending Account
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Twice year reviews and career path planning
- Diversity & Inclusion Program
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- ‘Pursuit of Happiness’ Pay (monthly allowance towards whatever makes you happy)
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Assistance
- Remote Work
- Transit Benefits
- ‘Burger Day’ (Free burgers on Friday)
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 22:55:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!