Job title: Clinical Intake Evaluator (Licensed) – Behavioral Health Services
Company: Boulder Community Hospital
Job description: Part Time, Saturday evenings. 8 hours/week.
Pay Range is between $25.64-$43.46/hr, depending on years of relevant and like experience.
**Range includes 2.50 Evening and 2.50 Weekend differential
Boulder Community Health is a Certified Level II Trauma Center. In 2022, we celebrated the 100th anniversary of the founding of our organization. We are honored to hold the awards of 2021 U.S. News & World ‘Best Hospitals for Maternity Care’, 2019 Best Medical Facility from Boulder Weekly, and Best Local Employer from Daily Camera. Come be part of an independent, community-focused health system; feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and positively contribute to the community.
As a clinical employee for Behavioral Health Services which serves the needs of young, middle and older adults the TLC Clinical Intake Evaluator is responsible for assessment of patients in consultation and cooperation with emergency department personnel, psychiatrists, clinicians, attending physicians and managed care representatives. Provides recommendation for disposition. The Clinical Intake Evaluator may perform the following as required: face-to-face evaluations, triage telephone calls from the community, respond to and/or triage patient/family concerns, assist in management of all assessment records, and perform billing-related activities connected with assessments.
Education or Formal Training * Master’s degree in psychology or related field or
- RN with five (5) years psychiatric treatment experience
Special Qualifications (licensure, registration, etc.) * Colorado LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LAC, or Psychologist Licensure required for Licensed TLC Evaluator position.
- Colorado Registered Psychotherapist or LPC Candidate required within 3 months of hire for non-licensed Clinical Intake Evaluators
Knowledge, Skill and Ability * Demonstrates knowledge of area resources and mental health laws.
- Ensures confidentiality of all appropriate written and verbal documents and interactions, respectively.
- Demonstrates knowledge of insurance and managed care companies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of DSM-5 and its use in evaluations.
- Able to deal tactfully with all clients, third party payors, attorneys, all hospital staff, and physicians.
- Able to prioritize responses to telephone inquiries and assessments.
- Knowledge of developmental issues related to the life span, from adolescent through geriatrics.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES * Accomplishes tasks while working under pressure of consistent deadlines.
- Works in artificial light and sits for long periods of time.
- Works in a high stress and noisy environment.
- Maintains a heavy workload on daily basis and is able to accomplish tasks while being consistent with ENCORE! behavioral standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES * Demonstrates service excellence in job performance based on the six house values of ENCORE!
- Provides program information to client, providers and units — either written or over the phone.
- Triages calls to determine need for treatment assessment or referral based on clinical information.
- Demonstrates understanding of financial information, third party payors and its effect on triage.
- Provides consultation/problem solving to members of the Department of Psychiatry, medical staff, medical units of BCH and clinicians in the community.
- Assists Boulder Community Hospital staff and community affiliates in the admission of their patients to BHS programs.
- Facilitates assignments of a physician or clinician as appropriate for admission providing clinical and financial information.â€¯
- Provides ongoing communication with Mental Health Partners to coordinate patient care.
- Maintain ongoing communication with inpatient unit to coordinate patient care.
TLC CLINICAL INTAKE EVALUATOR RESPONSIBILITIES * Complete assessments of patients in the emergency department, ICU, and other medical floors.
- Consult with psychiatrist and attending physicians to determine a disposition.
- When writing an evaluation complete all information in a thorough and professional manner.
- Review referrals from outside facilities for possible transfer to BCH Inpatient Behavioral Health unit as soon as possible.
- When a consult order has been placed requesting an evaluation for a patient, the Clinical Intake Evaluator will respond in a timely manner. If unable to respond within 30 minutes notify the ED or medical unit of the expected timeline.
- During after-hours evaluations the Clinical Intake Evaluator will attempt to obtain insurance treatment authorization and ensure this information is coordinated with UR, when applicable.
- All evaluations are to be coordinated with the attending ED providers and psychiatric providers
- Coordinate transfer of patients to outside facilities, when declined or not appropriate for the BCH inpatient behavioral health unit or ICU.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Uncompromising medical excellence delivered with respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built a strong reputation on these values. As community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinic locations, we remain dedicated to the evolving needs of our citizens and providing access to high-quality care. Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the Boulder lifestyle is conductive to enjoying the outdoors and brings a fresh perspective to healthcare practice. Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community. Enjoy state-of-the-art facilities and equipment along with competitive compensation and benefits, including health/dental/life, tuition reimbursement, on-site fitness center, Employee Wellness, Employee Activities & Discounts, and many more!
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace
Expected salary: $25.64 – 43.46 per hour
Location: Boulder, CO
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 03:51:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!