Job title: CMT/Geotechnical Engineering Division Manager
Company: Professional Engineering Consultants
Job description: Professional Engineering Consultants
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
We are PEC — a family of professionals that exists to energize communities, shape the future, and guide the way. Our vision is to be the solutions firm committed to partnerships with a vision for growth and community longevity, and we would like to invite you to learn more about how you can connect your passion to our purpose.
Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, with additional locations in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Colorado, our staff of more than 350 holds professional engineering licenses in all 50 states. Our work takes us across the nation and around the world to design an increasing variety of projects from highways to hospitals, water towers to wind turbines, stadiums to sidewalks, and everything in between.
Locations available: Wichita, KS; Oklahoma City, OK; Tulsa, KS; Lawrence, KS; Topeka, KS; Fort Collins, CO; Kansas City, MO
How your skills will be used:
The PEC CMT/Geotechnical Engineering Division Manager reports directly to Field Services Department Manager and is a primary leader within the firm. This role provides leadership to the division along with financial management, customer service, business development, risk management, and division strategic planning. They manage the full life cycle of an employee from recruiting, development, coaching, mentoring, training, appraisals, compensation, to separations. Required to build and maintain a strong management team within the division providing management for each operating section and office.
Division Manager will serve, provide leadership, and actively participate in corporate management activities, committees, and other ad-hoc groups setting corporate policy, building productive relationships with other departments and divisions. They will also work closely with Field Services Department Manager and CEO to address current business activities and strategically plan the future of the division and firm. Division Manager is annually appointed by the Department Manager, with input from Board of Directors. Although the Division Manager must have a broad background in engineering and project management, responsibilities are also a business management activity.
CMT/Geotechnical Engineering Division Manager will be responsible for:
- Monitor all accounting and financial information for the Division. This includes payroll, time charges, project status reports, labor reports, budget reports, etc.
Customer Service & Client Management
- Division Manager must be a strong leader and teacher to staff on proper ways to treat and build long-term relations with clients. In this effort, Division Manager must be a vocal advocate to the division, regularly reminding team members of our vision and purpose.
- Manage all business development efforts for the division. Strategically target projects or clients.
Risk Management & Quality Control
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Continue to improve quality and efficiencies on projects.
- Actively participate in the Corporate Quality Enhancement Initiative (QEI) and organize division training on all processes to increase quality.
Strategic Planning & Goal Setting
- Prepare an annual 3-year division strategic plan following corporate guidelines and in conjunction with the corporate strategic plan. Identify strengths and weaknesses, assess competition, evaluate each division’s competitive advantage, and document a vision of the desired future. Prepare a road map for vision with specific objectives, goals, action items, responsible parties, time schedules, and measurable outcomes all documented.
- Manage the entire life cycle of an employee.
- Have a high-level overview and understanding of how technology is used within the division and throughout firm.
General Division Administration
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of division.
Indoor and outdoor environment; travel to and from jobsites; some exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, and inclement weather conditions; work around heavy construction equipment; work or inspect in confined spaces; work and/or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surface and rough terrain; regular interaction with city, state, and federal personnel, members of the general public, and other organizations; occasionally deal with dissatisfied individuals.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office and field environment; to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to climb unusual height on ladder; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight; to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Relationship to others:
This position is a supervisory role with direct reports including field staff and other geotechnical engineers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Location: Wichita, KS
Job date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 07:16:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!