Job title: Commercial Banking – Strategy Finance & Business Management – Control Manager – VP
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: Job Description:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Commercial Banking (CB) provides comprehensive solutions, including lending and treasury services, to corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion, as well as real estate investors and owners.
Control Management (CM) maintains a strong and consistent control environment across the firm. With Control Managers appointed for each Line of Business, Function and Region, there is a comprehensive coverage and joint accountability model with the business executive that promotes early operational risk identification and assessment, effective design and evaluation of controls and sustainable solutions to mitigate operational risk.
Control Management focuses on four areas: * Control design and expertise
- Risks and controls identification/assessment
- Control breaks and resolution
- Control governance & reporting
Perform as a strategic leader and champion for the development and implementation of an effective control framework for the Strategy Finance & Business Management (SF&BM) organization.
Those responsibilities include the following:
- Promote and support a work environment that places Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront
- Motivate team members in execution of CORE framework and controls support to F&BM. Provide ongoing feedback and training and develop team members
- Provide leadership support for the end-to-end execution of the CORE framework for areas of coverage, including control break identification and resolution, to reduce financial loss, regulatory exposure, and reputational risk. Understanding Operational Risk Events and their impacts to the SF&BM function.
- Possess an intellectual curiosity and drive for wanting to learn more and encourage and inspire members under the VP’s leadership to the same. Must continuously and independently search for process improvement and coverage opportunities.
- Understand the governance and contribution to our operating model of User Tools, Intelligent Solutions and Estimations (Models, Qualitative Models (QMs) and Analytical Tools
- Audits, 2nd Line Preparation and Review support: Provide preparation guidance for Audits and 2nd Line of Defense reviews. This includes support during the reviews
- Issue and action plan management: Assist control partners in assessing control gaps and assisting with the development of the Issue narrative and the development of the resultant Action Plan or Risk Acceptance
- Demonstrate a capacity to learn and cover multiple areas including, but not limited to: External Financial Reporting, Internal Management Reporting, Controller Function, Business Management, Intelligent Solutions, General Ledger Integrity, Legal Entity Controls, Client Data Management and Strategy.
- Review and analyze program-related data (e.g., KRI/KPI) to support business/control-related programs and strategies. Develop control reporting and metrics packages for senior leadership, as needed
- Engage with control colleagues across the firm, business, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit, regulators and technology control functions
- Lead the identification and documentation of risks and controls by conducting end-to-end process walkthroughs and deep dives with covered SF&BM functions
- Bachelor’s degree, with concentration in business (finance/accounting or related field) preferred
- 7+ years of experience in financial services industry with background in controls, audit, quality assurance, operational risk management, or compliance preferred; or equivalent subject matter expertise in a relevant business-related function/operation
- Proficient knowledge of control and risk management concepts with the ability to design, create and evaluate the operational risk and control environment in conjunction with business partners
- Strong Intellectual curiosity
- Strong work ethic and highest integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) required and data analysis experience preferred
- Strong leadership, team building and relationship management skills
- Understanding of how a Commercial Bank operates and the products/services offered
- Strategic process and transformation abilities. This includes ability to perform process mapping and look for opportunities for improvement
- Business knowledge – ability to learn and understand the business and regulation surrounding CB SF&BM areas
- Communication/presentation – excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence business leaders in a meaningful and actionable manner
- Networking – exceptional interpersonal skills; exceptional collaboration and relationship building skills
- Work autonomously to affect change – flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Process analysis / design acumen – ability to understand a process and associated risk to inform control design
- Problem solving / Analytical skills – solid critical thinking, attention to detail and analytical skills; able to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate appropriate conclusions
- Understanding root cause / identifying control deficiencies
- Developing timely and sustainable solutions
- Analyze metrics for emerging risk
- Implementation skills
- Writing Action Plans, Procedures
- Change Management
- Ability to make subjective and informed decisions based upon output, influence stakeholders and justify decision making
About Us: JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team:
Commercial Banking is focused on helping our clients succeed and making a positive difference in our communities. We provide credit and financing, treasury and payment services, international banking and real estate services to clients including corporations, municipalities, institutions, real estate investors and owners, and nonprofit organizations.
Control Management maintains a strong and consistent control environment through a joint accountability model that aligns managers with each function and region to mitigate operational risk. The team focuses on four areas: Control Design & Expertise, Risks & Controls Identification/Assessment, Issues & Control Deficiencies and Control Governance & Reporting.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 22:56:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!