Job title: Commercial Private Banking Support Associate II
Job description: Who We Are
BankUnited (NYSE: BKU) is a national bank headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida with banking centers in Florida, the New York metropolitan area and in Dallas, Texas. BankUnited has two subsidiaries, Pinnacle Public Finance headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona and Bridge Funding Group headquartered in Hunt Valley, Maryland. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial and collaborative culture encompassing the best minds, the brightest talent and the boldest decision makers.
BankUnited is ranked #4 as one of America’s Most Trusted Companies in the Banking industry and is honored to have been included on the Newsweek and Statista America’s Most Trusted Companies Award List!
At BankUnited, we foster an inclusive environment where all employees have the opportunity to advance, grow and achieve their goals. Our rally cry is to GO FOR MORE™, a call to action to go above and beyond to provide the best customer experience to every client.
Working for BankUnited offers you exciting challenges and opportunities to advance your professional development, while empowering you to deliver and be your best. We strive to provide a competitive benefits plan to our employees and are proud to have been awarded HEALTHIEST EMPLOYER by the South Florida Business Journal for three consecutive years since 2020.
As a company, we believe we are only as successful as our people and are committed to providing training and innovative resources that prepare you to reach your full potential. That’s why in addition to tuition reimbursement, we provide our employees with exciting courses and training through our own GO FOR MORE™ Academy.
If you thrive in a fast-paced collaborative work environment, Apply Now and start your journey with BankUnited today!
SUMMARY: The primary goal of the Commercial — PB Support Associate position is to support the sales and service excellence objectives of the New York Banking Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Responds to telephone and e-mail service requests, inquiries or complaints from Private Banking clients. High volume of contact with sophisticated high net worth client base.
- Opens new bank accounts (various types) in bank system, performs account maintenance, process check orders, processes account transactions and deposits received via mail.
- Assists in the cross selling of bank products and services to the existing client base.
- Pulls daily reports, including ODs, Significant Balance, and others as needed.
- Receives and processes wire transfer instructions and functions as liaison with the Wire Room to facilitate wire transactions.
- Prepares sales presentations, packages, and folders for sales team.
- Ships and receives documentation, statements, and other client correspondence.
- Composes a variety of client letters using appropriate and professional business language and handles incoming mail.
- Sets clients up with Internet Banking and other alternative delivery services.
- Troubleshoots client issues as needed.
- Prepares power-point presentations and excel spreadsheets as needed in support of managers.
- Organizes and maintains a file system and files correspondence and other records.
- Performs assignments with established directives involving knowledge and application of policies and procedures including STOPPED policy and Private Banking procedures. Uses independent judgment in actions taken.
- Answers and screens telephone calls for Commercial Private Bankers and arranges conference calls if applicable.
- Researches, compiles, stores and retrieves data for presentation of reports. May prepare statistical reports.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas reserves and prepares facilities and records and transcribes records of meetings.
- Contributes to the team effort in order to accomplish results.
- Analyzes facts and circumstances to conclude and make recommendations for solving administrative problems within the limits or accepted practice.
- Upon demonstration of responsibility, attention to detail and prudence in decision-making, various levels of approval authority may be granted as needed to serve the needs of the department, including wire transfer approval authority, overdraft approval authority and others. Utilizes granted approval authority within the scope of Bank policy and procedure.
- Assists Commercial Private Bankers and Commercial – PB Team Leader with various projects.
Bachelor’s Degree in business related field preferred
- 4-6 Years of experience as Private Banking Assistant or equivalent experience required
- Experience in bank customer service capacity, preferably dealing with high net worth client base required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Literate in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. required
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 02:29:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!