Job title: Commercial Real Estate Closing Paralegal/Processor
Job description: Job Description
The IN OFFICE Commercial Closing Paralegal/Processor will perform a variety of functions related to gathering and processing information and preparing all documents required for a commercial real estate closing. Assist pre-closing and post-closing paralegal to facilitate the closing process.
- 3 years minimum experience
- Review files to ensure all required items are present for closing
- Examine title reports, underlying documents, complex surveys, zoning certificates and other real property due to diligence documents
- Analyze and review title and survey documents and prepare documents to correct or clear title
- Search, examine and analyze title records such as leases, subleases, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics, business entity authority documents and plot and map books.
- Assist/coordinate post-closing including recording documents, wiring funds, files and closing document binders
- Serve as liaison to lenders during the entire process
- Determine ownership and verify legal description of property, perform survey reads on commercial projects, prepare response to objection letters, prepare pro forma policies and endorsements, consult with commercial underwriting as necessary to determine insurability
- Communicate with title agent and attorney
- Prepare and review reports for accuracy
- Prepare issuance of title policies
- Understand and explain chain of title, exceptions and requirements to managers, underwriters and agents
- Must have knowledgeable of title matters unique to corporate entities
- Understand real estate law and title and escrow curative procedures
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, strong problem solving & prioritization skills
The position requires related experience working in external relationship management
Excellent customer service is expected in every interaction
Maintain contact with attorneys, staff and clients
Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and flexibility
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
Self-driven individual, ability to work with minimal direction
Perform all necessary tasks proficiently
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Location: Buckhead, GA
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 07:24:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!