Job title: Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist, USAID, Center for Education
Company: Dexis Consulting Group
Job description: About the Position
DPS is recruiting for a Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist who will be embedded within USAID’s Center for Education, Bureau for Development, Democracy and Innovation. The Specialist will support the knowledge management and communications goals of the Center and education sector through the Education Support Initiative 2 (ESI 2) institutional support contract.
The Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist provides communications support focused on digital content and knowledge product dissemination. This position contributes to USAID’s overall objectives related to education policy development and knowledge management. The Specialist works closely with the Engagement and Communications Advisor and the Knowledge Management and Learning Advisor to ensure a coordinated approach to the promotion and use of the Center’s digital resources. The Specialist interacts with colleagues at all levels of the organization in the course of their work.
USAID’s Bureau for Development, Democracy and Innovation integrates technical expertise with values-driven, cross-cutting priorities, and modern approaches to the way USAID performs its work. It provides client-centered technical services to USAID’s Missions worldwide, supports programming to innovate, learn, and address emerging issues, and provides technical leadership within the Agency and externally to enhance development impact.
The Bureau’s Center for Education (DDI/EDU) leverages its expertise, partnerships, and global perspective to guide and influence the education sector, advancing U.S. Government development priorities.
All members of DDI are measured on how they foster a climate of respect in interactions with others, value differing perspectives, and treat others in a fair, equitable, and culturally sensitive manner. All members of the Bureau are expected to value diversity, equity, and inclusion in performing everyday duties and responsibilities.
This position is remote eligible.
Internal and External Communication
- Support a global network of education practitioners by advising on digital communications strategy and tactics, reviewing communications products, editing, and providing clearance on external communications, collaborating with USAID subject matter experts, and supporting network events, speaking engagements, and presentations.
- Recommend ideas, improvements, and best practices, collaborating with the Engagement and Communications Advisor to continually improve USAID Education’s external communications and engagement.
- Support the development of plans and efforts to promote education work internally and elevate the profile of education among agency leadership.
Digital Content Management
- Support web content strategy that reflects learning around USAID’s programmatic approaches, and provides greater accessibility to resources and evidence that can support technical practitioners in their work.
- Oversee content publishing while ensuring high standards of quality and technical accuracy, and alignment with user experience goals
- Support multimedia content development that integrates well on the website.
- Advise on web development needs and provide project management support for website updates, working closely with the Center for Education’s mechanisms and the Knowledge Management and Learning Advisor.
- Contribute to the development of the Center’s newsletters.
- Contribute to social media content development aligned with data analytics to inform knowledge management goals.
- Backstop the Center for Education’s Content Operations process by contributing input on how the website can support editorial priorities, knowledge product accessibility, and audience alignment.
- Track and disseminate analytics across content dissemination platforms.
- Coordinate with others regarding USAID’s Digital Policy, focusing on analytics and use of data for informed decisions and communications.
- Support the office in general administrative tasks related to education, planning for staff meetings and internal presentations.
- Provide technical advice in communications and guide program staff to enhance their communication skills, such as developing communications strategies, writing web stories, preparing PowerPoint presentations, developing success stories, photography, etc.
- Attend meetings for and provide communications support to the Center for Education’s matrix and working groups.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 6 years experience in communications and digital content management.
- Demonstrated understanding of website management, taxonomies, user experience, and content curation approaches.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Google Apps, Adobe Creative Suite, and basic content management systems, such as Drupal.
- Some proficiency in video development, Distribution List/Newsletter Software, and social media management.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic communications planning, program management and implementation within a developing country or resource-poor context.
- Team player with proven skills in working effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated effective writing skills to produce compelling, high-quality copy on relevant topics for diverse communication products including: talking points, reports, speeches, briefing materials, and communications tools (op-eds, blogs, letters, copy for promotional materials, and other correspondence)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with limited supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including ability to write technical documents and give state-of-the-art presentations to colleagues in and outside of USAID.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain professionalism under tight deadlines in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Interest in international development, government, and/or education preferred but not required.
Location: Washington DC
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 06:55:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!