Job title: Community Environmental Management Advisor
Company: Communities Unlimited, Inc.
Job description: Communities Unlimited, Inc.
Position: Community Environmental Management Advisor
Immediate Supervisor: Texas State Coordinator of Environmental Services
Mission Focus: Environmental
Summary of Position
The Community Environmental Management Advisor provides onsite technical assistance to rural community environmental management systems with water or waste disposal problems and needs in the areas of project planning, financing, utility management and administration. Communities Unlimited is one of six regional non-profit organizations that are partners in the national Rural Community Assistance Partnership (RCAP) that provides services to all states and U.S. territories.
Current Water or Wastewater Operator Certification with a minimum of 5 years of experience in operating and/or managing community environmental management systems or 5 years of rural community development agency experience is required.
Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle for travel to project communities.
Must be authorized to work in the USA.
The following are the requirements for this position.
A minimum of 5 years of experience of previous field experience in working with rural community development programs, community environmental systems, or in conducting training is required. Experience that demonstrates a familiarity with engineering practices, terminologies and procedures related to water and wastewater systems design and operation is preferred. A successful Community Environmental Management Advisor will be able to:
- Effectively communicate in both written and verbal formats.
- Deliver results in an environment with high-degree of self-directed time management and project management.
- Develop and maintain external agency work relationships.
- Understand basic financial statements, operational and capital improvement project budgeting.
- Deliver high degree of accuracy with attention to detail in work products.
The position requires periodic travel to CU staff meetings, RCAP national meetings, or other meetings in other states which may be accomplished by the most cost effective means to CU (Personal vehicle, air, or other public transportation).
Summary of Essential Job Duties
- Provide onsite technical assistance services to approximately 20-25 small communities and/or existing small water/wastewater facilities serving rural areas, to address public water supply and wastewater disposal problems throughout the state.
- Prepare and submit, clear and cogent, written project narrative reports, accurately detailing technical assistance activities provided to each project community. Project reporting must be in accordance with formats and instructions provided for the CU Environmental Program and the Rural Community Assistance Partnership, and reports must be prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Research, develop, and submit to local community or utility decision-makers: written reports, recommendations, feasibility studies, rate analyses etc., as necessary, in order to enable local communities and/or utilities to make informed decisions necessary to resolve local problems and alleviate local needs.
- Establish and maintain complete community project files, including but not limited to a written log of all project related activities, correspondence, reports, and working papers.
- The employee shall work well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with federal, state and local officials involved with the regulation and financing of public water/waste disposal facilities and services.
- Establish and maintain regular communications and work relationships, with appropriate agencies, institutions, individuals, or offices within the state in order to: (a) maintain, improve and/or expand services and scope of the Communities Unlimited Environmental program; and/or (b): improve the ability of all small, rural communities in the state to provide safe, affordable, water and waste disposal services to their residents.
- Maintain working knowledge of and comply with corporate polices, procedure, supervisor direction and contractual compliance requirements.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and security with all information, understanding your obligations in regards to client data, community environmental system data, borrower data, payroll data, HR data, medical information, workman’s compensation data, IT data, computer passwords, email account passwords, phone lock codes, etc.
- Accurate and timely submission of time and expenses in compliance with CU policy and supervisor direction, understanding this record in a critical part of CU’s compliance with grants and contracts.
- Comply with corporate branding and communication requirements and support corporate communication processes by submitting client stories, securing releases for use of client quotes/images; media capture (photos, videos, etc.) and collaborating with communications staff to promote events, loan closings, community projects and milestones and client businesses.
- Attend CU staff meetings.
- Represent CU at/facilitate other meetings and events as needed.
- Special projects, and other duties as may be assigned by supervisor or program director.
Tools Used in Job
Proficient use of computer, internet, smart phone, web-based databases for data-entry, Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Use of additional software for project related activities may be required.
The work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Communities Unlimited offers generous Medical/Dental/Vision benefits with the organization paying the significant majority of the cost. Company paid long-term disability; automatic company 401K contribution once new hires are eligible; 401K match; 12 paid holidays; two weeks paid vacation awarded upon hire (Prorated based upon date of hire); new hires begin accumulating sick leave immediately upon hire at a rate of 8 hours per month. Communities Unlimited reimburses all employees for travel expenses.
Location: Amarillo, TX
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 07:29:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!