Job title: Construction to Startup Turnover Coordinator
Job description: Requisition ID: 257446
Requisition Posting End Date:
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel’s government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. This position will provide support to the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) located at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
UPF will be built by 2025 for $6.5 billion and will be a first-of-its-kind complex for enriched uranium operations in support of Y-12 missions. UPF is one of the Department of Energy’s largest investments in Tennessee since the Manhattan Project and one of the National Nuclear Security Administration’s largest construction projects. When complete, UPF will: replace a 70-year-old facility with modern buildings, reduce operational costs and energy consumption, improve worker safety, and provide enriched uranium capabilities well into the future.
UPF works a 9-80 schedule with every other Friday off. Start times are flexible but the standard work week is: Monday-Thursday from 7:00am to 4:30pm. The schedule on working Fridays is: 7:00am to 3:30pm. Alternate shifts and significant overtime is expected (up to 50%) in the future.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site. Candidate must complete security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check. All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable.
The primary role of the C2SU Startup Punchlist / Turnover Coordinator is for the implementation and execution of UPF system turnovers in accordance with UPF processes and procedures. The main focus will be the Turnover Packages from Construction to Startup but will assist in the Turnovers from Startup to Operations. The C2SU Punchlist / Turnover Coordinator will report to and receive instruction on specific assignment objectives from the UPF Startup Turnover Lead.
- Administers UPF turnover processes in accordance with project procedures.
- Serves as the point of contact for system turnover issues.
- Ensures timely development of Construction turnover packages to Startup.
- Participates in facility/system walk downs and manages punch list items after Operations turnovers to Startup.
- Assists in reviews and processes turnover packages for subsequent turnover to final Owners.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Level 1: A recognized degree in engineering or related scientific discipline from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of 6 years of related Startup, Commissioning, or Operational experience, 4 years of which involved direct Turnover experience, or in lieu of a formal degree, a high school diploma or GED plus a minimum of 12 years of related Startup, Commissioning, or Operational experience, 4 years of which involved direct Turnover program experience.
- Level 2: A recognized degree in engineering or related scientific discipline from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of 9 years of related Startup, Commissioning, or Operational experience, 4 years of which involved direct Turnover experience, or in lieu of a formal degree, a high school diploma or GED plus a minimum of 15 years of related Startup, Commissioning, or Operational experience, 4 years of which involved direct Turnover program experience.
- Working knowledge of TeamWorks and Setroute.
- This role requires a facility-specific clearance that requires U.S. Citizenship to obtain.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain site security badge for access to work site.
Qualifications and Skills
- In-depth knowledge in the areas of and knowledge of principles and practices related to Construction, Startup Testing and Turnover.
- Good knowledge of related construction and engineering practices and the economics involved.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, and design criteria.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience preparing, presenting, and processing turnover documentation.
- Previous experience and knowledge of Bechtel Startup procedures, programs, and processes.
- Previous experience as a Bechtel Startup (Commissioning) Engineer scheduling and performing system checkout operation, and turnover.
- Previous commercial Nuclear/Department of Energy, or Department of Defense (DOD) experience.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 22:51:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!