Job title: Consumer & Community Banking- Control Manager- Vice President
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: Description
The VP, Control Reporting Manager position, reporting to the VP, Control Reporting Director, is responsible for managing the Consumer and Community Banking (CCB) and Asset Wealth Management (AWM) Reporting process for lines of business within CCB/AWM. This role will act as a controls partner with the Business Control Managers within CCB/AWM as well as partnering with business areas providing analytics and comprehensive controls reporting based on three reporting tenets – (1) ensure accurate, complete, and timely data, (2) deliver thorough business and data analytics, and (3) produce effective and clear reporting. Core responsibilities include effectively managing a wide array of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting for CCB/AWM leadership, JPMC leadership, and the Board of Directors. Successful execution of responsibilities requires strong influencing, partnering, and communications skills interacting across all CCB/AWM control teams, CCB/AWM lines of business, and corporate functions such as the Corporate Control Room.
- Collaborate with Control Managers, business units, and corporate functional teams to produce timely, accurate, and complete reporting and analytics for CCB/AWM leadership, JPMC leadership, and the Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with Control Managers, Control Secretaries, and Functional leads to create the CCB/AWM Control Committee presentation, while assisting in the production of FCC and Audit Committee Submissions.
- Partner with CCB/AWM leadership and Control peers to deliver reporting and analytics, foster open discussion and resolution of reporting issues.
- Drive change through continual evaluation of the risk and control framework and continual communication with business leaders in the CCB/AWM.
- Manage and report all open issues and action plans to ensure timely and complete resolution.
- Ability to perform required functions as well as manage a team of Senior Analysts (if required)
- Ensure all required training is completed as appropriate.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business related field; MBA preferred but not required.
- 5-7 years experience with program management, executive presentations, and advanced analytical skills
- 5-7 years experience in the financial services industry to include business operations, program management, risk management, finance, audit or operations.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a wide array of responsibilities including executive communications and presentation skills.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience extracting data from databases desired (Access, Business Objects, etc.)
- Experience with Sharepoint and CORE a plus
- Self-motivated & confident decision-maker with the ability to demonstrate leadership, challenging and influencing change where necessary.
- Experience in developing, tracking, analyzing and reporting on key risk indicators.
- Strong interpersonal and analytic skills, particularly influencing and negotiation.
- Collaborative team player able to develop meaningful and effective working relationships with fellow colleagues.
- Effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines within a team environment.
- Results oriented/self-motivator.
- Strong people & relationship building skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Sound business judgment and objectivity.
- Flexible and creative thinker.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Location: Columbus, OH
Job date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 22:13:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!