Job title: Coordinator, Cooperative Education
Company: North Carolina State University
Job description: Applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Posting Number PG191769EP
Internal Recruitment No
Working Title Coordinator, Cooperative Education
Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Work Schedule 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday; evening and weekend hours as required.
Job Location Raleigh, NC
Department Career Development Center
About the Department
Division of Academic and Student Affairs Mission, Values & Objectives
We promote the success of the whole student. In collaboration with our colleagues across campus, we prepare students to succeed academically, professionally and personally, to embrace a commitment to lifelong learning, and to become informed, engaged, and productive citizens.
The Career Development Center (CDC) provides programs and services that facilitate career development and job placement among NC State University students.
Essential Job Duties
Reporting to the Associate Director for Cooperative Education (Co-op), the Co-op Coordinator position provides professional support and guidance to the NC State Cooperative Education Program in support of its mission to enhance traditional academic study, forge external university alliances, and promote North Carolina’s economic vitality thorough the placement of NC State students into curriculum-specific experiential-learning work experiences.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing intellectual and programmatic support for all aspects of Co-op Program activities, procedures, and services
- Providing professional support and guidance to the Co-op program in the areas of student recruitment, Co-op advising, career counseling, and employer development
- Facilitating implementation of Co-op program policies and procedures in accordance with appropriate CDC, university, state, and federal guidelines
- Promoting NC State student participation in Co-op through customized information sessions to classes, advisers, student organizations, residence halls, and other campus groups
- Coordinating with NC State Office of International Services (OIS) to facilitate Curriculum Practical Training certification of international students required for participation in Co-op
- Providing feedback and grading assignments for Co-op coursework
- Promoting and conducting ePACK training events which enable students to construct Co-op resumes, view Co-op position opportunities, and apply for Co-op positions
- Vetting content of the CDC’s Co-op website for accuracy
- Performing Co-op site visits
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree plus alternative or equivalent professional training and experience may be substituted for the advanced degree on an exceptional basis.
- One (1) year of experience providing professional support to an experiential learning program within a college or university setting.
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to work independently, display a professional demeanor, demonstrate resourcefulness and problem solving skills
- Excellent public speaking, writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of career counseling
- Must be a creative, high energy, adaptable self-starter enthusiastic about the challenge of moving students forward toward reaching their career goals
- Two (2) years of experience providing professional support to an experiential learning program within a college or university setting
- Project management and event planning skills
- Ability to think strategically and independently
- Strong student-centered focus
- Comfortable working with technology in a constantly changing environment
- Knowledge of social media and the best techniques to communicate to current generation of students
- Master’s Degree preferred but not required.
Required License(s) or Certification(s)
Valid NC Driver’s License required No
Commercial Driver’s License required No
Recruitment Dates and Special Instructions
Job Open Date 06/01/2022
Anticipated Close Date Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Position Number 00003325
Position Type EHRA Non-Faculty
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week) 1.00
Appointment 12 Month Recurring
Mandatory Designation – Adverse Weather Mandatory – Adverse Weather
Mandatory Designation – Emergency Events Non Mandatory – Emergency Event
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies? No
Department ID 244010 – Career Development Center
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected]. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*). * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- Job Alert (automated email from our system)
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Radio / Television Advertisement
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from “other source” or “other website”, please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question) * * Do you have (or will you have by date of hire) post-baccalaureate credentials or a bachelor’s degree plus alternative or equivalent professional training and experience?
- * Do you have at least one (1) year of experience providing professional support to an experiential learning program within a college/university setting?
Application Materials Required
Required Documents * Resume
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References
Location: Raleigh, NC
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 05:23:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!