Job title: CORP_Global Finance and Business Manager to Consumer & Community Banking Legal, Executive Director
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com.
Legal Finance & Business Management is seeking a high performing ED Business Manager (BM) to support the CCB Legal organization. The BM lead partners with Legal in providing support for strategic priorities, governance, financial budget & forecast, controls, and the overall direction of the group. The role interacts extensively with the senior leads across Legal, Corporate Finance, and other corporate groups. The role requires advanced knowledge of business metrics, data management, headcount forecasting, and financial analysis support.
This position will report directly to the Legal CFO and having the CCB General Counsel as his/her main client. The successful candidate must demonstrate a high EQ and have a proven track record of leading cross-functional teams, analytical skills, effectively communicating and interacting with senior management, and thinking creatively to solve problems with sense of urgency.
This position can be based in New York, NY or Jersey City, NJ.
- Responsible for CCB Legal Department budget planning, forecasting, headcount monitoring, ongoing internal expense management, and ongoing external (outside counsel and contractors) expense management
- Provide the CCB General Counsel and the Legal CFO with financial management reporting, focusing on the overall business performance against strategic and budget objectives; proactively highlight issues and risks to the objectives, derive solutions and drive remedies to completion
- Partner with Human Resources to drive the People agenda and initiatives each quarter
- Manage the General Counsel’s communications plan, including crafting the message and leading Planning and developing materials for town halls, off-sites, and weekly management meetings town hall, newsletter and offsite planning and execution
- Coordinate cross CCB Legal initiatives and presentation including Quarterly Business Review presentations, Employee Opinion Survey data analysis, Client Survey data analysis, focus groups, and training
- Lead and participate in strategic and operational planning; lead and promote Legal priorities and initiatives led by the Office of the General Counse
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a business management, program management, planning & analysis. Prior experience working with a Legal department or control function is a plus
- Ability to work independently, create and deliver on objectives in ambiguous / new situations and execute with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and an ability to demonstrate both when collaborating with peer and senior stakeholders
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with colleagues, influence decision-making beyond immediate span of control, learn quickly, and be flexible
- Highly organized, detail oriented
- Thoughtful analytical skills; able to develop, clearly present and draw conclusions
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills essential
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Location: New York
Job date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 22:07:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!