Job title: Corporate Banking – Technology, Associate (San Francisco)
Company: Mizuho Bank
Job description: Corporate Banking – Technology, Associate
U.S. Corporate Banking Associates are directly involved in the design, origination, structuring and execution of mergers & acquisitions, equity and debt capital markets, leveraged finance and other global products and services for existing and prospective Mizuho clients. An Associate is expected to understand the implications, identify key industry and product trends and provide input on pitch and deal materials to enhance the ultimate deliverable to our clients.
We are looking for an associate to be based in San Francisco and be dedicated to a small team of senior corporate bankers. This is a unique opportunity to develop client relationship management skills in the context of providing credit and corporate finance solutions. Clients are well known technology companies and the role will involve client facing activities in a supporting capacity.
Associates are assigned to a variety of projects and are given a broad range of responsibilities, some of which include:
- Assist in the development and continued cultivation of client relationships
- Facilitate and coordinate product group idea generation and solutions development across a broad platform of global capabilities
- Conduct and model a broad range of corporate finance alternatives and due diligence for client transactions including M&A, strategic alternatives, capital structure development, acquisition finance and syndicated loan and capital market financing
- Conduct extensive quantitative economic, industry and company research and analysis
- Draft and prepare pitch books with detailed industry materials for multiple technology sectors
- Financial modeling, valuation, comparable & relative value analyses and market-specific analysis
- Draft client pitches and marketing materials including M&A, public/private debt & equity capital markets, syndicated bank financing, and other internal documentation by coordinating internal and external resources
- Assist in financing structuring, underwriting transaction evaluation, preparation, due diligence and execution
- Minimum of 3 years corporate finance and capital markets experience with a top tier global bank, credit rating agency or accounting firm
- Knowledge of corporate finance, securities, financial markets and risk & pricing analysis
- Aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information and develop innovative ideas and/or product solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Maturity and good judgement in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to convey ideas
- Creativity and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work independently and must be able to work effectively in a team environment
In accordance with New York City law, employees based in Mizuho’s New York City office are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site (unless a legally-required accommodation has been approved). Mizuho has in place a pilot remote working program, with varying opportunities for remote work depending on the nature of the role, needs of your department, as well as local laws and regulatory obligations.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho’s operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 23:47:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!