Job title: Creative Digital Modeler
Job description: Experience but Digital Modeling has been expanding their software expertise to include Alias for advanced work in all areas. We are looking for talented digital modelers, able to conceptualize sketches and/or match digital, working closely with the Product Design Office (PDO) design staff daily. A broad understanding of the vehicle architecture in terms of knowing what is behind the surface and the requirements that drive design is preferred. Methodology is very important in terms of digital modeling.
Creative Digital Modeler interprets 3D math models, physical models and 2D sketches to be used to create Class A digital data under the supervision of an experienced digital modeler. This individual has an advancing knowledge of surface development methodologies and/or Subdivision/Poly modeling skills using ICEM, Alias or 3DX tools. The Creative Digital Modeler is responsible for curve generation and manipulation techniques, data generation based on scan and /or sketches including highlight manipulation and incorporation of packaging requirements.
This individual will have strong abilities in creating digital data using scans and/or 2D sketch renderings while including all engineering and manufacturing data, maintaining production quality reflectivity and a full understanding of highlight manipulation. Digital Modeling team members must have strong leadership and presentation skills. They must also be able to collaborate with Designers, Engineers, and Developers as they work on diverse programs and projects.
We’re looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, deliver as a way of life, and are inspired to make a positive impact. Team members are expected to establish effective working relationships, founded on trust and transparency, with our internal and external partners. Sound judgment, excellent communication skills and the ability to drive decisions through consensus and influence change are a must. The ideal candidate will be hungry to learn, grow, and help the Digital Modeling Team push beyond what is possible today. We are looking for a range of experience for this position and will direct you to the appropriate professional level based on your years of experience and the complexity of your experience. Below is a list of basic requirements candidates must meet to qualify for the position.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a Digital Modeling role with Class A surface development
- An understanding of surface reflectivity, curvature continuity and surface development methodologies
- Ability to create surface data with support from supervisors and mentors
- Experience working creating Class A Surface using 3D Experience, Alias, CATIA V5
- Experience working with Microsoft Office tools
- A Bachelor’s degree in Visual Arts, Automotive Modeling, Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Design
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Digital Modeler role or equivalent prior experience and Class A surface development
- Understanding of the Stellantis design process and key milestone across the design timeline
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 02:47:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!