Job title: Creative Director, Design System Delivery
Job description: Job Description:
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. We offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia). Some roles can work virtual full-time if they are not near a Tech Hub, but that is dependent upon the needs of the position and amount of collaboration required.
Job Summary Our Design System Delivery team is a new cross functional team that has just become united this year. We are looking for a Creative Director to help steer the vision for the design system, foundations, and tools for the Experience Design Org. They will empower our product designers and engineers to build high-quality, well-designed experiences and be responsible for scaling design practices across the entire Xfinity suite of products, as well as for our product partners. This team is fully integrated with the UX Engineering team that will help deliver Design System decisions and UI across production code to multiple products and platforms.
- Advocating our design systems mission, values, and goals to product designers, stakeholders, peers, partners, and the wider organization
- Growing the Xfinity Design System program to be a “Best in Class” example
- Guiding a team to build out our component libraries and cross-functional toolsets
- Participating in cross-team reviews and knowledge-sharing to ensure alignment
- Gathering requirements, prioritization, set expectations and track dependencies
- Measuring, implementing, and driving changes to ensure efficiency within our design system
- Partnering with UX research team to ensure appropriate testing and verification for experiences and components
- Working closely with Accessibility and other relevant team to ensure compliance
- Make sure UX details are getting translated into prototype and production code
- Build with design scale in mind
- Identify UX issues in deployed products with potential solutions
Skills & aptitude:
- Has a strong foundation impacting the larger industry community (speaking engagements, blog posts, etc)
- Can mentor and guide team members in career development and personal growth
- Act as a bridge between different teams across the organization to make sure interdependencies are understood and planned
- Capable of a high level of strategic architectural design planning.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert/thought leader and leads multiple teams on complex projects, typically at a program level.
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and guidance to all organization levels.
- Less hands-on, heavily involved in design reviews
- Own long-term design UI strategy for multiple verticals and platform
We know that people with different skills and experiences can be successful in this role as well. For that reason, it is not necessary that you possess all these traits. If you are missing a few, please apply anyway!
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the on our careers site for more details.
Location: Philadelphia, PA – New York City, NY
Job date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 07:37:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!