Job title: Creative Director
Company: University of Arizona
Job description: Creative Director
Posting Number req10409
Department Marketing & Brand Management
Department Website Link marcomm.arizona.edu
Location Main Campus
Address Tucson, AZ USA
The Creative Director (Marketing Manager IV) leads the collective creative efforts to empower distinctive branding campaigns to support first-time full-time application, alumni/supporter engagement and current student retention goals. With oversight of all Marketing & Brand Management graphic design and production, as well as photo and video production, the Creative Director advances the creative vision and tone of all creative projects in a manner that reflects established brand and visual standards. This position encourages creative and original solutions to design problems, while continually reviewing and improving design processes, office operations, and internal client relations. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing & Brand Management, the Creative Director currently manages two graphic design professionals, two multimedia staff members, one content director, along with a number of student employees.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please .
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide overarching creative direction and leadership for Marketing & Brand Management.
- Lead the creative process from concept to production.
- Utilize knowledge of creative leadership to shape, scope and accurately to maximize teamâs efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with the creative, content and marketing teams in setting the concept, and guiding the tone and vision for brand campaign efforts while providing leadership for creative professionals across campus.
- Support special and ongoing photo/video needs of marketing and branding teams.
- Translate business needs of the division into smart and measurable creative strategies that set the university apart and enhance the client experience.
- Present creative concepts and executions to internal clients in a manner that helps internal clients appreciate the strategy behind and the effectiveness of the proposed solutions.
- Provide direction, creative solutions and supervision to the creative team; and collaboratively advise the UI/UX designers on the digital team. Ensure that workloads are balanced appropriately, and that appropriate design practices and deadlines are established.
- Oversee the work of any outside agencies or creative vendors retained by the department to ensure alignment with goals, brand standards and overall creative expectations.
- Manage hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees on the creative team.
- Supervise and train employees, student employees, volunteers and interns.
- Occasionally work independently of the team to create and design marketing materials.
- Track, manage, art direct and monitor all design jobs to ensure delivery on time and within budget.
- Provide creative review and consultation to other units within the university as needed to support key initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelorâs degree in a fine arts field; AND
- Minimum of 9 years of related work experience, including 5 years of managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience leading a team, project, program, or function is required
- 10 years of creative leadership experience
- Experience working in an agency setting
Full Time/Part Time Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week 40
Job FTE 1.0
Work Calendar Fiscal
Job Category Communication and Marketing
Benefits Eligible Yes – Full Benefits
Rate of Pay $106,000
Compensation Type salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level M4
Job Family Marketing
Job Function Communications & Marketing
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies 1
Target Hire Date 7/11/2022
Expected End Date
Contact Information for Candidates [email protected]
Open Date 6/7/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Documents Needed to Apply Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Diversity Statement At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Expected salary: $106000 per year
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 02:20:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!