Job title: Creative Manager – Location Based Entertainment
Job description: At Hasbro we’re changing the face of play and entertainment. We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of community, passion, integrity, creativity and inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best is yet to come.
Hasbro’s Location Based Entertainment (LBE) team is looking to add a Creative Manager to our diverse team!
Under the leadership of the Creative Director, this position will support the other members of the LBE team creatively. You will be helping to develop the creative direction for experiences all around the world based on Hasbro brands and characters, including family entertainment centers, hotels, restaurants, retail stores, and more.
This Creative Manager will be responsible for creating or developing concepts and ideas based on the comments of the various brand teams and the LBE Project Management team, and then communicating those ideas, via drawings and other visuals, to Hasbro’s licensees and outside Design Partners.
A Day in the life of a Creative Manager:
- Provide design insights, guidance, and reference for on-going LBE projects.
- Develop new concepts for potential LBE experiences and attractions.
- Collaborate closely with the LBE Project Management team, as well as various brand teams, to develop designs and concepts.
- Provide design support to the rest of the LBE team, including quick sketches and visuals, graphic assets, and review of in-development projects.
- Work directly with the Creative Director to develop visuals to help communicate design direction, including sketches, illustrations, 3D models, mood boards, presentations, etc.
- Review designs for current projects and provide clear and concise feedback and thoughts.
- Provide ideas to help elevate these projects, thinking outside the box and what is “expected”.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions to help find solutions for design challenges to create the best possible LBE experiences worldwide.
- Communicate design ideas to outside Design Partners and Licensees through teleconferences, presentations, emails, etc.
- Immerse yourself in all the Hasbro brands, understanding the core tenets of each to be able to translate them into LBE experiences.
What you’ll bring:
- A love and passion for all the Hasbro brands, games, toys, and entertainment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design related field
- 5 years previous experience in Location Based Entertainment for a toy/game, entertainment, attraction design or consultant firm.
- Understanding and experience with Master Planning, attraction design, etc.
- Ability to create clear presentations to communicate design concepts and direction.
- Sense of storytelling, both in presentations and in attraction design.
- Understanding and following of the LBE industry worldwide, and able to use that knowledge to inform new Hasbro concepts and experiences.
- Ability to take direction and comments from different sources and distill them into a singular solution.
- Self-motivation with strong communication skills to connect with licensees and LBE team members globally.
- Independent time management skills to hit deadlines on many concurrent projects.
- Flexibility to handle shifts in priorities, new tasks, and new projects.
- Clear communication skills to explain design ideas and aesthetic direction to both internal teams and external licensees.
- Solid understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Visual communication, through quick sketches, illustrations, renderings, etc.
- Proficiency in Sketchup or a similar 3D design program.
- Graphic Design experience is a plus, but not required.
- A strong creative voice with the ability to interpret Hasbro brands for the LBE space, pushing past what is expected to the innovative.
Hasbro’s world-class brands and talented people are our greatest assets. One of the ways we invest in you is through a competitive and contemporary benefits package. Your particular benefits package will depend on your position, location, local legal requirements and years with the company. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Half-day Fridays year round, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Team Hasbro Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Toy Discounts and more!
Hasbro is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Location: Burbank, CA
Job date: Wed, 01 Jun 2022 22:21:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!