Job title: Creative Technologist: New York City
Job description: What We Offer
You’ll join a tight knit, passionate team of professionals who left their roles at agencies, corporations, and institutions to tackle challenging and meaningful problems together. We offer the creative freedom to develop innovative design solutions, concepts, and strategies at the intersection of content and data. The work environment is fast-paced and collaborative—we thrive on and support the diversity of our individual talents and perspectives. We offer profit share, as well as a competitive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
You are responsible for concepting, prototyping, and building data visualizations, websites, web apps, and data experiences. You have a passion for data visualization and emerging technologies. You can think critically, code quickly, and make innovative tools and experiences that work. While you thrive on teamwork and collaboration, you are also self-motivated—willing and able to work independently when needed. You are comfortable meeting regularly with clients and presenting your work. Alternating between lead and supporting roles on projects, you can balance creative coding and rapid prototyping with a project’s business, user experience and technology goals, while striving to ensure that our work maintains the highest standards possible.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary, award-winning design and technology firm with forward-thinking clients. You will work at our New York studio in Dumbo, Brooklyn.
- 4+ years of applicable professional experience
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction Design, Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field
- Experience creating data visualizations in D3.js
- Experience with creating and deploying websites and web applications, including using AWS and frameworks such as React and VueJS
- Familiarity with content management systems such as Craft, Contentful or Sanity
- Familiarity with design tools such as Figma, Sketch and Adobe CS
- Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and experience working collaboratively with clients
- Data analysis in R, Python, Observable and Jupyter Notebooks is a plus
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 22:02:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!