Job title: CTE Teacher: Information Technology
Job description: Technology/FACS/CTE Teacher Role
This position reports to the building principal. The teacher is expected to develop in each student an understanding of the technology industry and its place in the nation’s economy. The teacher will plan and deliver lessons with the materials provided, grade assignments and complete additional required duties assigned by principals. This position requires a high degree of enthusiasm, organization, and creativity.
Technology/FACS/CTE Teacher Expectations
- Provide students with knowledge needed for intelligent consumption of services;
- Assist students in developing practical skills for personal use or for use in occupations;
- Encourage students to develop work and personal habits essential for success in business;
- Provide knowledge about technology trends and innovation.
Technology Teacher Qualities
- Ability to build relationships with students;
- Ability to engage students in discussing real-world technology based experiences;
- Ability to get students excited about careers in the technology field.
About Schenectady City Schools
With a population of nearly 10,000 students, the Schenectady City School District is one of the largest in the Capital Region. With an incredibly diverse population we are committed to ensuring that all children feel valued, are safe and will learn. We place the highest priority on a culture of equity, ensuring that race, economics, and disability are never predictors of student achievement. Every child in our district counts and will be supported each step of the way, along the path to graduation.
The Schenectady City School District is committed to hiring members of protected classes and residents of the City of Schenectady. For more information on the District’s recruitment and hiring plan, please contact the Human Resources Office at 881-2000 ext. 40133.The Schenectady City School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, race or gender. This policy is in compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Regulations and By-Laws of the Board of Education of the Schenectady City School District.
Location: Schenectady, NY
Job date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 06:51:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!