Job title: Cyber Defense Engineering Co-op (Drexel 2022)
Company: Security Risk Advisors
Job description: The Cyber Defense Engineering Co-op position will be part of Security Risk Advisors’ Threat Management team which is comprised of Advisory and Engineering services. Our style of consulting is dynamic, innovative, fast- paced, and highly rewarding for both our clients and our team. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a wide variety of tool sets and across various well-known client organizations.
- Apply Threat Management’s services across multiple client engagements involving Incident Response (IR), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), Network Traffic Analysis, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Enterprise Security Architecture and Perimeter Management.
- Collaborate with team members to assist with the design and implementation of security strategy and architecture across platforms for a variety of solutions.
- Conduct requirements gathering, analysis, and assist in development of security strategy for clients.
- Work effectively as part of a team to deliver projects.
- Use tools such as FireEye, Fidelis, Splunk, Intel/McAfee, IBM, Symantec, Palo Alto, Resilient, Cybereason, Tanium, CarbonBlack, Bro and Snort.
- Thoroughly document work in formal reports and present findings to management suitable for customer consumption.
- Remain current on information security and emerging threat trends, tools and methodologies.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computing & Security Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent subject matter.
- Previous information security experience is a plus.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Some knowledge around incident investigation, forensics, and advanced threat controls.
- Interest in taking the initiative for personal growth and development.
- Flexibility to accommodate changing schedules of client and project needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a high level of professionalism.
- Willingness to travel depending on assignments and specializations.
Work with Experts: Robust internal training program, plus Company-paid external training. SRA recognizes the value of professional development for employees. Therefore, we encourage our employees to pursue continuing education and role-specific training. Every SRA employee is eligible to attend one training per year paid for by SRA.
Corps Training Program: Our SRA Corps training program is a six-week experience that begins with one week of orientation at our Philadelphia headquarters. Whether new hires are interns, co-ops, or full-time consultants, SRA Corps members meet our founders, learn our values, and experience a day in the life of a cybersecurity consultant. Following orientation, Corps members return to their home office and participate in trainings such as Consulting 101, Enterprise Networks, Cloud Security and more. Our leaders provide hands-on offensive, defensive, and frameworks boot camps.
Give Back: 1-2-3 Program: 1. For all full-time employees, SRA will give $1,000 to a charity of your choice. 2. If you give an additional amount (up to $1,000), then 3. SRA will match that amount up to $1,000.
Mental Health Services: SRA has partnered with Talkspace to provide all SRA employees with free mental health support. Talkspace connects individuals with licensed therapists for chat, video, and phone sessions.
(Subject to change)
Security Risk Advisors is a fast growing 200+ person company with offices in Philadelphia, Rochester, New York and Kilkenny, Ireland. We deliver state-of-the-art cyber security consulting services to Fortune 1,000 organizations in the Financial Services, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Industrial and Consumer Products industries. Security Risk Advisors maintains a fast-paced and innovative culture that focuses exclusively on engagements that solve the emerging needs of our clients. Our environment fosters the continuous professional development necessary to remain at the top of our game.
To find out more about us, please visit our website at:
Security Risk Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at SRA are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or any similar category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
SRA values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and veterans to apply.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 22:07:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!