Job title: Cybersecurity Technologist – Vendor Management
Company: The Travelers
Job description: Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Category Technology
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range $81,400.00 – $134,200.00
Target Openings 1
What Is the Opportunity? Acts as a subject matter expert in vendor risk management for Claim Technology and its business partners. Executes the vendor risk management program to ensure the security and integrity of company information and resources. Supports the investigation, identification, and resolution of vendor Cybersecurity events/breaches. Interfaces with internal and external entities to remediate identified risks in support of Cybersecurity procedures and policies.
Supports the Application Risk Assessment program, conducting audits of select technology assets, and following the recommendation of risk remediations, monitors recommendations through to implementation.
Travelers offers a hybrid option work location option model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide operational support, trouble shooting and maintenance of Security related processes, controls or products.
- Independently analyze and resolve problems of medium to high complexity.
- Configure, test, document and implement new or upgrades to security processes, controls or products as directed.
- Participates in resolving situations involving improper attempts to access or infiltrate our networks.
- Recommends changes to area procedures and products. Implements with management review.
- Support reviewing or identifying and responding to security events and escalating to management.
- Consults with business peers to support and resolve cybersecurity events.
- Participate in Security and enterprise projects as assigned.
- Act as a security representative at design and new technology meetings.
- Provides guidance to more junior employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three years of work experience within Computer Science or a related field required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline preferred.
- Five years of relevant experience with Cybersecurity practices, processes, and Cybersecurity event investigation/resolution preferred.
- Experience providing high-level administrative support with a comprehensive knowledge of specific IS Security methodologies, processes and software packages and a conceptual understanding of other IS Security procedures and policies preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Problem Solving:
- Demonstrates sound analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further manipulated.
- Once decisions are made, is able to follow and direct action to implement intended results.
- Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions.
- Openly and directly confronts conflict until resolved.
- Team Orientation:
- Builds relationships with peers and other departments to achieve objectives, to work as one team and to secure necessary resources not under his/her personal control.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Puts success of team above self.
- Supports a distinct business unit or several smaller functions.
- Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures.
- Results are reviewed with next-level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Works with their manager in identifying those project tasks that are most important, establishes clear priorities and understands the larger picture.
- Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit .
Expected salary: $81400 – 134200 per year
Location: Hartford, CT
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 07:28:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!