Job title: Data Center Engineer – Level – Professional Services (Client Onsite)
Job description: Company Description
Astreya is the leading IT solutions provider to deliver technology-enabled services and fuel digital transformation to some of the most exciting companies on the planet.
We are at the cusp of a new way of working with our delivery model that helps our clients be positively productive by matching exceptional people to on-site teams delivering world-class IT service.
With engineers in over 30 countries and 70 cities around the world, we are a global company working with the world’s most recognizable and innovative organizations.
Skills Needed: Knowledge of PTC Windchill, Monte Carlo Simulations, Block Diagrams, Symbols, Blue Prints, Schematics, Power, Cooling Systems, High Voltage, Pumps, CAD, Reliability Block Diagrams (RBDs), Single Line Diagrams (SLDs), Mechanical, Electrical.
Our Data Center Engineer will be heavily involved in the design of the datacenter collocations, infrastructure hardware, and provide technical consultations. You will be responsible for supporting reliability modeling for large industrial cooling and high voltage systems. You will perform routine aspects of engineering assignments requiring knowledge and application of engineering principles. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to prescribed techniques and procedures to complete project assignments.
Our Data Center Engineer will build/create all drawings for datacenter POP’s and develop/write Scopes of Work (SOW) for new POP builds as well as create detailed installation MOP’s (Method of Procedure) for multiple types of optical transport and switching equipment, overheads (fiber raceway, ladder, basket) and power AC/DC.
A key element in this role will be communicating with multiple departments and leaders to provide technical support for a team of network engineers.
This role will be client onsite on or after 7/1/22 in San Jose office location based on client requirements.
Your Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine Monte Carlo simulations and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports. Develop or test models of alternate designs or processing methods to assess feasibility, sustainability, operating condition effects, potential new applications, or necessity of modification.
- Tests or analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems. Analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, or other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, or maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Prepare engineering calculations following standard methods and principles used in similar engineering analysis.
- Document new or changing models with comprehensive write-up.
- Format the results and provide recommendations to remedy system deficiencies
- Organize and communicate requests for information you will need to perform the work
- Calculate and document equipment power requirements and work with Engineering, Facilities Operations, and/or collocation vendors to meet these requirements.
- Manage project timelines to support network turn-up within expected completion intervals.
- Contribute to documentation, automation and processes as they evolve.
- Create network and server rack face elevations, floor plans, wiring diagrams, and detailed port maps for new deployments and documentation.
- Work closely with Network Engineering, Logistics, and equipment vendors as new equipment and technologies are integrated into the production network.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S/B.A) from four-college or university in Electrical, Mechanical or Reliability Engineering or related scientific discipline and 3 to 5 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Understanding of Data center practices (i.e. cable routing, calculating power usage and cooling).
- Familiarity with creating As-Built drawings for Datacenter POPs and creating the 3rd module on DC-CAD.
- Must be able to read and understand both electrical and mechanical blocks, symbols, diagrams and schematics for voltage and cooling.
- Ability to translate Electrical and Mechanical Single-Line-Diagrams (SLDs) into sketches of Reliability Block Diagrams.
- Ability to review and correct Monte Carlo simulations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to consistently being on the job and completing work on time. The ability to learn and perform tasks without constant supervision.
- A high degree of task ownership, situational awareness, and dedication to quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills in working with the Google Suite and Microsoft Suite of products, such as sheets, docs, etc.
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
Must have the ability to perform office-related tasks which may include prolonged sitting or standing
Must have the ability to move from place to place within an office environment
Must be able to use a computer
Must have the ability to communicate effectively
Some positions may require occasional repetitive motion or movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
What can Astreya offer you?
- Employment in the fast-growing IT space providing you with a variety of career options
Opportunity to work with some of the biggest firms in the world as part of the Astreya delivery network
Introduction to new ways of working and awesome technologies
Career paths to help you establish where you want to go
Focus on internal promotion and internal mobility – we love to build teams from within
Free 24/7 accessible Professional Development through LinkedIn Learning and other online courses to give you opportunities to upskill at your own pace
Dedicated management to provide you with on point leadership and care
Numerous on the job perks
Market competitive compensation and insurance, health and wellness benefits
Astreya Partners is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants on merit and business needs and not on race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by law.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 07:26:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!