Job title: Data Management Specialist
Company: Empire Merchants North
Job description: Empire Merchants North is the premier wine and spirits distributor in Upstate New York with roots going back to the end of Prohibition. With more than 700 dedicated associates and state-of-the-art facilities, Empire Merchants North has become synonymous with both service and quality and has earned the loyalty of more than 9,000 area restaurants, bars, hotels, nightclubs, and retail outlets. Empire Merchants North acts as a marketing agent for the brands that we represent and is proud to employ the most knowledgeable and well-equipped sales force in Upstate New York.
We are seeking a high energy, motivated Data Management Specialist in Coxsackie, NY.
Reviews and updates data to optimize and leverage SAP. Individual is responsible for creating,
updating, maintaining, optimizing, validating and reporting on this data. He or she is a key
member of the Purchasing Team and should be able to prioritize work in line with project
management decisions. This specialist ensures that the quality of the data is as high and
optimized as possible. Individual is also responsible for reviewing forecasting, order planning,
purchasing, recordkeeping, item and cost maintenance, and order tracking for a limited number
of assigned vendors.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
- Review, analyze, validate and optimize data to ensure consistency, integrity and accuracy
based on specific guidelines.
- Performs statistical analysis of material data to optimize and leverage SAP.
- New material setup and maintenance.
- Audits material ETA’s.
- Assists in coordination of vintage changes.
- Maintains material statuses and other pertinent material data.
- Assists in combo pack management.
- Assists in free goods and special purchase allowance data management
- Monitors electronic data interchange IDOCS.
- Monitor and disseminate relevant material data to sales.
- Maintains data accuracy through review of data for completeness and consistency in
purchase orders, material/vendor master and information record data.
- Develop and maintain documentation and data management guidelines
- Assist in standardizing data management procedures such as documentation for
departmental operating procedures.
- Purchases product on a limited number of vendors through review of demand and
purchase requisitions to meet company objectives and supplier requirements.
- Plans orders and reviews forecasting for accuracy and trends during the ordering process.
- Maintains proper inventory levels by warehouse through consistent review of inventory
using various reports, forecasting, and direction from the demand planner and sales.
- Achieves work objectives by gathering pertinent data, identifying and evaluating options
and choosing a course of action.
- Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills & Requirements
Education, Certifications and/or licenses:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
Minimum 2 to 3 years of data management experience.
Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer systems.
Wine and Spirits Industry knowledge a plus.
Must be a result oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills
using diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills.
Strong knowledge of SAP related material/vendor master and has an affinity for working
with data preferred.
Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, attention to detail and
Empire Merchants North is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Empire Merchants North will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying and require special assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources department at (800) 724-3960.
Location: Coxsackie, NY
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 06:46:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!