Job title: Data Science, AVP II – Enterprise Data Strategy & Governance
Company: Credit One Bank
Job description: Information Technology
The Information Technology team supports almost every area of the Bank. Utilizing technology solutions to collect and interpret data for business strategies and providing infrastructure for all business operations. Puneet Rawal, the Chief Information Officer for Credit One Bank, explains why an IT professional should join his team by bringing up one word repeatedly: Growth, with a capital G. “Individuals who have growth aspirations for their career will not find a better place. You want to be in a growing company that can support your growth. We provide that unique mix.” Click here to learn more about the IT team.
This position is a part of the Data Governance & Strategy team but supports the entire bank. The mission of the data validation and operations team is to challenge the state of data quality and continuously drive improvements through better data analysis. Our goal is the continuous measurement of data quality, quicken the pace of anomaly detection, drive data quality improvements at the source and faster cycle times for data remediation. As the AVP of Data Strategy & Governance, you will lead the team in developing guidelines and policies for data standards and develop more advanced data quality analytics and machine learning-powered models that touch on the entire data lifecycle.
The AVP of Data Strategy & Governance is a subject matter expert in data analytics and business analysis. They will lead a team of data stewards to perform analysis, design, and optimization activities in support of data quality and data validation. They also play a critical role in defining and creating the future state of data and analytics in the enterprise. Team members are expected to build trust and relationships through effective communication with both technical and non-technical partners within multiple departments to facilitate success. A successful individual in this role is a leader who has and imparts business knowledge, data analytics and business analysis expertise related to the sources and uses of data for business analytics and decisioning.
Essential Job Functions:
- Grow and lead a team of data stewards responsible for in-depth data analysis across the enterprise.
- Leverage large volumes of diverse data to understand the relationships, rules and usage patterns of data that might impact business results.
- Test/Deploy modern, high-scale data quality analysis, reporting, early warning and prioritization methods.
- Present results and recommendations to key stakeholders; craft coherent, crisp messaging from complex, voluminous data and output.
- Develop project requirements, analytic plans, SOWs, project timelines, and other related materials for the management of outsourced model development and/or management.
- Anticipate issues based on knowledge of internal data trends and propose solutions.
- Serve as an expert consultant to internal technical and line of business teams.
- Promote data validation goals, ensure accuracy of deliverables and communicate precisely.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 6+ years of experience in business analysis, quantitative analytics, data science; preferably within the financial services industry.
- 6+ years of advanced experience using SQL (SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata etc.) and at least one analytical package such as SAS, Python, R, etc.
- 1+ years of experience managing a team of analytical professionals.
- Organizational and prioritization skills to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Leadership skills to manage and mentor a team of analytical professionals across varying levels of skill and experience.
- Excellent communication skills – and ability to thrive in a fast-paced complex environment.
- Experience developing requirements and testing analytic solutions collaboratively.
- Self-starter who is highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative.
- Demonstrate company core values of excellence, ownership, collaboration, and integrity.
- Knowledge of financial analysis, credit, profitability drivers as well as operational analytics.
Graduate degree in quantitative area such as mathematics, economics, engineering, computer science, operations research and equivalent industry experience. Strong financial analytical skills with the ability to read, interpret, and evaluate, financial time-series tracking reports (including vintage analysis).
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 22:15:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!