Job title: Data Science (Quantitative Modeling) Sr Associate
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: The CCOR Data and Analytics team seeks a candidate who is passionate about solving business problems through innovation and contemporary best practices in data science. The CCOR Data Science Associate will develop methodologies to analyze qualitative and quantitative data and synthesize data from multiple sources to identify potential areas of risk. The CCOR Data Science Associate will coordinate with both business and technology partners to identify and derive data of interest. The candidate will work in a collaborative and thought-provoking environment, and engage with a diverse set of stakeholders globally in an effort to drive actionable insights.
- Collaborate across CCOR, as well as other data teams in the first-line, to deliver data-driven insights, recommendations, and solutions that solve important business problems
- Lead the research and development of data science initiatives to deliver these insights and solutions
- Manage the relationship with internal clients, gathering requirements, understanding business domain, presenting results, and developing a trusted adviser relationship
- Manage the lifecycle of data science project, including ideation, data acquisition, exploration, model design, prototyping, and pathway to productionization
- Partner with the engineering and data platform teams on the creation of capabilities which accelerate data science delivery and operationalization
- Work independently and collaboratively (as needed) within the team to achieve the desired outcomes of data science efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant technical or quantitative fields (e.g., Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Business, Physics, Statistics, Operations Research and Economics); graduate degree a plus
- Proven analytical and statistical skills applied to advanced analytics, modeling, machine learning
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages, including skills in Python, SQL at a minimum
- Strong visualization skills and familiarity with BI / user interface tools
- Experience delivering data science capabilities on a cloud platform
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Knowledge of second-line operational risk management and compliance practices, and associated control principles
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 22:54:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!