Job title: Data Services Engineering Manager
Job description: WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will lead Braze’s Data Services Engineering team. Leading a group of data engineers, you’ll be responsible for architecting, developing and maintaining a modern data platform that powers Braze’s data initiative for both internal teams and customers. You’ll be responsible for implementing new data platforms, working with stakeholders to establish development workflows and ensuring that systems are secure and ready to handle scale. You’ll work closely with Data Services Managers and Consultants to help them extract actionable insights from the vast amounts of data we collect as our products scale.
- Work closely with all stakeholders within the Data Services division to develop workflows for success between the Global Data Consulting, Data Engineering, and Data Science teams.
- Work with state-of-the-art data platforms like Snowflake, DBT, and Looker.
- Architect and help deploy code to cloud services via Docker and Kubernetes to collect and expose insights.
- Ensure that systems remain secure while facilitating ease of use and quick answers.
WHO YOU ARE
We’re looking for a strong technical leader who maintains the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship. You’ll build services and identify strategies that maximize data visibility across the Data Services division and Braze as a whole. With strong technical chops, experience shipping complex systems, and leadership skills, you’re passionate about helping other engineers learn and improve.
- 4+ years of engineering management experience, inspiring and growing technical teams at a digital platform, marketing technology, or another SaaS company
- You have experience leading agile teams
- You know Python, SQL, Cloud Infrastructure, and BI/Analytics tools and are not afraid to get hands-on with the code.
- You have a proven track record of building metrics for activating global centers of excellence.
- You have an opinion on Snowflake vs. Redshift and can argue both sides
- You have an in-depth understanding of Scalable Data Modeling and ROI-driven Marketing Analytics
- You are passionate about implementing a data-driven culture – and want it to happen
IDEALLY, WHAT YOU’LL HAVE
- Experience in building organizations and fostering a humane, inclusive culture
- Vast experience with scaling relational analytics
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis)
- Extensive experience in a modern data stack – Cloud Warehouses, DataLakes, Cloud BI tools, Analytics white-labeling and embedding
- Ability to influence executives and drive change and adoption
- Ability to explain complex data problems to five-year-olds
- Deep understanding of parallelism, multi-threading, data pipelines, data models, database networking
- Machine learning production-level experience (KubeFlow preferred)
- Project Management Software Experience (Asana, Atlantis)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.
If you are located in the EU or UK visit our to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 03:08:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!