Job title: Deputy Chief Building Official
Company: Delaware, County of (OH)
Job description: Objectives
Individual assists the Chief Building Official (CBO) in managing the Department of Building Safety and oversees plan review operations. Individual is responsible for reviewing plans for code and structural compliance to building code. Individual acts as liaison between all plans examiners, CBO, and the public and provides quality control of the plan review program. Individual reports to the Chief Building Official.
- High School diploma or GED plus related work experience.
- Individual shall have the State Certification as a Building Official and Residential Building Official (RBO) or Interims.
- Individual shall have 5 or more years of experience in building design and construction and an Ohio registration as an architect or professional engineer; or 10 or more years’ experience as a construction contractor or superintendent of building construction combined.
- Ability to obtain Master Plans Examiner Certification (MPE) a plus.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record. Must meet and maintain qualifications for driving on county business as a continued condition of employment.
- Full certifications must be obtained within 1 year of employment.
- Assists Chief Building Official and Department Coordinator;
- Acts as backup chief building official in extended absence of chief building official;
- Acts as zoning inspector for townships under county zoning;
- Acts as floodplain administrator for Delaware County;
- Performs inspections when necessary;
- Reviews construction plans for Building Safety prior to issuance of a building permit;
- Addresses questions relating to compliance with building codes of County, both over the phone and in person;
- Provides mentoring and direct supervision of all plan review staff;
- Trains new plans examiners;
- Coordinates meetings and training events with assistance of Office Coordinator;
- Coordinates Appeals meetings with Office Coordinator (Building, Zoning & Floodplain);
- Performs and assists with performance evaluations and discipline of plan review staff;
- Promotes consistency and quality control of the plans review program by performing periodic review of plans examination;
- Researches code related questions;
- Assists Chief Building Official in tracking & coordinating applications, plan reviews, permits & certificate of occupancies;
- Assists Chief Building Official in assuring adequate record keeping system for division records, plan review, applications & permits;
- Assists Chief Building Official in handling public inquiries and client complaints;
- Assists Chief Building Official in providing interpretations and direction to plans examiners;
- Tracks & schedules vehicle maintenance;
- Supports department programs and other programs by working with local agencies attending meetings, conferences, workshops, training sessions, and performing a variety of public relations duties;
- Devises correspondence, completing forms and developing reports associated with department operation;
- Handles client complaints and public inquiries regarding programs;
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance;
- Performs typing, word processing, and related computer operations;
- Works outside of typical work schedule/business hours as required; And
- Other duties as assigned.
Complete job description is available on the
Equal Opportunity Employer
Expected salary: $80982.72 – 109512 per year
Location: Delaware, OH
Job date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 02:36:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!