Job title: Development – Network Architect
Job description: Job Description
Genesis10 is seeking a Network Architect for a 6 month contract position (potential to convert) with a corporate investment banking company located in Jersey City, NJ. This is a remote position.
Plans, designs and implements communications networks. Assesses and optimizes network design. Conducts feasibility studies and develops requests for proposals. Designs and develops LAN/WAN infrastructure documentation. Maintains LAN/WAN topology and cabling specifications. Evaluates vendor products and makes recommendations. Responsible for connectivity to external clients or other outside parties. Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vendors.
- The network engineer role will design, implement and test a large scale cloud connectivity solution.
- Collaborate with exiting engineers and teams to design, plan and implement advance network solutions.
- Ability to work with cloud and telecommunication provider connect existing Data Centers to cloud providers.
- Install and configure network hardware including but not limited to Cisco Router and Nexus infrastructure.
- Ability to provide professional documentation (diagrams, specifications, and technical requirements.)
- Creating, Document, and implementing advance network designs.
- Experience installing and configuring Cisco Routers and VRF’s.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus switches and configurations.
- Experience with BGP, OSPF and other routing protocols
- Experience with hybrid networking environments connecting on-prem to cloud networks. (Azure Cloud Networking Experience preferred)
- Ability to work and coordinate with multiple teams to accomplish project related tasks.
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Extensive experience designing and or managing complex IT environments.
- 10+ years of experience in Network Engineering
- Strong networking background with a focus in Cisco hardware.
- Certifications preferred CCIE, CCNP and or Cloud Equivalent
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong Documentation skills
- Routing Knowledge (BGP, OSPF,STATIC)
- Azure ExpressRoute
- Advance Knowledge of Cisco IOS and IOSXE Routing and Switching
- Advance Knowledge of Nexus Routing/Switching
- Must be proficient with Visio and PowerPoint
- Problem Solving and analytical skills
- VPN experience required
- Aviatrix experience a plus
- Cisco ACI experience
- Able to work as a W2 employee of Genesis10 (no corp to corp)
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at “Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 05:51:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!