Job title: Diesel Mechanic – $1,500 New Hire Bonus – Fred Meyer Transportation
Job description: Job Description:
Company Name: Kroger Logistics
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: non-exempt
Responsible for maintaining and repairing commercial trucks. The company also requires that all employees perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Read job order and observes and listens to truck in operation to determine malfunction and to plan work procedures
- Install new ignition systems, aligns front wheels, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions and other parts.
- Overhaul diesel engines using mechanics hand tools, welding equipment, standard charts and hoists.
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks and makes adjustments using hand tools.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work a varied schedule, any shift including weekends and overtime on a frequent basis.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks and projects.
- Familiarity with industry and technical terms and processes.
- Valid driver’s license.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Less than high school education plus three years experience in diesel mechanics or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Evening; Overnight
States: Oregon; Washington
Keywords: diesel maintenance technician mechanic
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1st Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OR || Clackamas || 12108 SE Highway 212 || 97015 || Kroger Logistics || None || Logistics/Supply Chain || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Expected salary: $1500 per month
Location: Clackamas, OR
Job date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 03:03:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!