Job title: Direct Service Professional
Company: Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
Job description: Sterling Group Home, a program of LSSI, has full-time positions available in the Sterling area for Direct Support Persons (DSP). This position assists adult with intellectual developmental disabilities with meal prep, shopping, laundry along with leisure activities. No experience needed. We provide free training and opportunities for advancement.
Benefits and Perks:
Come be a part of this rewarding environment, and enjoy the knowledge that you’re helping others live better lives, as well as these career advantages:
- On Demand Flexible Paydays for earned wages through an app called Dayforce Wallet.
- Hourly rate is $14.00.
- Flexible Hours.
- Earn vacation hours as you work.
- Double time if you work for any of our 11 holidays.
- Low client to staff ratio.
- Sick time.
- 403(b) plan.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare insurance.
- Opportunity for advancement.
- The training you need to learn, grow, and succeed!
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist clients with activities of daily living.
- Accompany clients in the community for errands, leisure and other appointments.
- Assist with various housekeeping tasks.
- Assisting clients in reaching their individual hopes and dreams.
- Cooking with easy to follow recipes.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance preferred.
- Completion of in-house training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
Expected salary: $14 per hour
Location: Sterling, IL
Job date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 07:13:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!