Job title: Direct Support Professional for Children & Youth: Respite Services, Royersford
Company: Access Services
Job description: Access Services seeking Direct Support Professionals to work with Children & Youth as part of our Respite Services team in locations across Montgomery County, including Royersford, Erdenheim, and King of Prussia.
As a respite provider, Direct Support Professionals for Children & Youth will be responsible to offer a break (respite) to caregivers and families. You will do this by providing support hours to the individual, child and/or adolescent in their natural family homes on an as needed basis to relieve families of stress associated with caregiving. A Direct Support Professional providing respite will use appropriate interventions, safe crisis management, therapeutic options and treatment team recommendations to enrich the time spent with children and youth. You will support children and youth by doing a variety of tasks and activities they select, by engaging in creative problem solving, and using interpersonal skills. In addition, the respite Direct Support Professional will attend meetings regarding the treatment and goals of the respite care hours spent with children/individuals.
This role is an excellent opportunity for recent Social Service graduates, or someone who has been in the human services field for a few years and is looking to take their career to the next level. At Access, you will work alongside staff who truly care about each other and the people they serve!
- Part-time, hourly, flexible hours available
- We can hire providers to work anywhere from 4-20 hours per week or as little as 4 hours per month
- Evening and weekend hours available
- We will build a schedule around your availability and the individuals’ changing needs
- This is a great opportunity for any candidate who is looking for direct care experience in the children and young adult mental health field
- Work respite shifts, as requested by the coordinator, with the highest degree of dependability.
- Maintain a cooperative and caring attitude.
- Ensure the highest quality of care to individuals in helping them meet their needs.
- Ensure own proper conduct and fair representation of Access Services.
- Report any operational or staff concerns according to Access Services’ established policies and procedures.
- Provide accurate and timely communication to Coordinator regarding the individual and family.
- Maintain daily log and other documentation as requested by the coordinator.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and proof of adequate car insurance
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, education, criminal justice or other related human services field, OR an Associate’s degree with experience in paid work involving direct contact with children and/or adolescents, OR Licensed Practical/Registered Nurse with one year of experience in paid work involving direct contact with children and/or adolescents.
- Ability to travel to and work in in a variety of settings including client’s home, school and community.
- Physical ability to perform, or the ability to learn and be trained in, CPR, first aid, fire safety, the delivery of therapeutic options or safe crisis management techniques and other trainings and/or tasks as required.
Compensation for 2022:
- The base rate for this position starts at $14.00/hour, with adjustments made based on education and relevant work experience.
- All employees: Mileage reimbursement and paid travel time between worksites; Discounts on various services, gyms & retail shopping; Referral bonuses, Employee Assistance Program
- 20+ hours/week: Paid time off; Tuition reimbursement
Why work for Access Services?
We offer an inclusive, supportive work environment with opportunities for professional development, career growth and a team that truly cares about the work they do, the people they support and their team members.
Access Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required and do not restrict management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Expected salary: $14 per hour
Location: Royersford, PA
Job date: Sat, 28 May 2022 22:00:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!