Job title: Director, Accounting
Job description: Description :
This position is at our corporate headquarters and the individual reports to the Controller. They work within the Corporate Finance and Accounting Group and will also work with management out in the field. The position requires knowledge of both Finance and Accounting principles, proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and ability to understand and utilize a financial system.
Location: Louisville, Kentucky (or Remote)
Essential Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Results
- Supervises the accounting staff and is responsible for managing their day-to-day activities to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving month-end journal entries.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
- Supports the global consolidation of accounts on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the review of balance sheet reconciliations to ensure appropriate and accurate account balances.
- Assist in the timely completion of the year-end audit.
- Support both corporate senior leadership and management in the field with financial data and analysis as needed.
- Coordinates with regional finance teams in the US and Canada to ensure accounting policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Assist with accounting for complex and/or unusual accounts and transactions (e.g. acquisitions, new contractual arrangements) and ensures books are in compliance with US GAAP.
- Assist with implementation of system/process improvements that, among other things, effectively streamlines the closing process.
- Assist in other special projects and perform job duties, as directed by management.
- Effectively manage tasks and tight deadlines independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact and be a team player with all levels of employees and senior management.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior quantitative skills.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly and proficiently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills
Educational & Experience Minimum Requirements
- Strong accounting foundation and solid knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 + years of corporate finance and/or public accounting, CPA preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, major in accounting or finance preferred.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Experience in a multi-currency and multi-company global environment preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following physical requirements are commonly performed in this job. There are times, on occasion, when the employee may be asked or expected to perform duties with physical requirements that are different from those listed here. It is the employee’s duty to notify the management of any physical limitations or inability to perform a certain task.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
This description is based upon management’s assessment of the requirements and functions of the job as of the date this description was prepared or revised. It is a general guideline for managers and colleagues. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Management reserves the right on a temporary or indefinite basis to modify as necessary to meet changing business conditions.
Location: Louisville, KY
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 23:25:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!