Job title: Director, Local Education
Company: Straumann Group
Job description: #ChangeMakers
Ready to make an impact?
We develop, manufacture, and supply dental implants, clear aligners, instruments, CADCAM prosthetics and biomaterials for use in esthetic dentistry, tooth replacement and restoration solutions or to prevent tooth loss.
We empower our employees to perform and make an impact, to question the status quo, to drive change, to stay ahead of the competition. From the first Dental Implant in 1974 to the latest Digital Solution – we do things differently than others
We deliver innovation based on evidence. This is part of our employer culture as well as an exceptional team spirit that truly encourages diversity and a powerful “can-do” attitude.
#WeChangeDentistry every day. Be part of it.
The Director of Local Education is accountable for developing and empowering a team of Education Programming professionals who support all StraumannGroup brands and business units in North America. This individual is responsible for developing a high performing team, improving team efficiency, collaborating with the global headquarter on improving the education program system, developing the personnel and CAPEX/OPEX plan based on the National and Local Programming demand, and reporting ROIs for all National and local education programs. This position requires a player / learner and customer-centric mindset, a strong focus on team development and efficiency, and the ability to the effectively collaborate and communicate with various business units, functions and geographies across the organization. S/he will report to the VP of Marketing and Education, North America.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Lead the local education team to plan and execute continuing education programs to dental professional on implantology, digital solutions, tissue regeneration, and orthodontal clear aligner treatment
- Develop a high performing team of education programming professionals. Attract, recruit, retain, and develop talents with strong project management skills and customer-centricity
- Manage the team’s daily operations and provide clear guidance to the Education Supervisors / Team Leads on the execution of national and local education programs
- Closely collaborate and communicate with the National Education colleagues from each business unit to ensure alignment of strategic priorities, resource allocation, and program status
- Maintain close contact with the Global Education and other regions in order to learn and share good practices, keep abreast of new technologies and platforms, in order to improve efficiency
- Provide visibility to internal stakeholders on national and local education programs’ attendance, customer satisfaction, and ROI. Share the data and findings with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment with the strategic priorities
- Manages established relationships with University Continuing Education Departments to produce joint educational activities, in conjunction with the Clinical Marketing Director and Institute Account Managers
- Track customer satisfaction through course evaluations. Report the result to the internal stakeholders and provide speaker feedback for continuous improvement of the education offerings
- Develop headcount, CAPEX and OPEX plans for each calendar year based on new solution launches, partnership, business development, and organic growth
- Improve processes and resources in order to meet the market trends and business demands. Maintain the SOP document to clearly define the process and roles and responsibilities, and communicate with all functions involved in education program planning and execution
- Evaluate the functionality of and provide recommendations to improve user interface and experiences of the education course registration and reporting portal
- Responsible for application renewals and maintaining compliance with Continuing Education Dental Accrediting Bodies including AGD and ADA and others as applicable
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of management experience in medical device or biotech industry, with a track record of increasing responsibilities; dental device industry experiences strongly preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Prior experience of managing a team and developing talents
- Proof of strong ownership, customer focus, agility, and collaboration
- Strong interpersonal and cross-functional leadership skills
- Excellent communications skills including listening, verbal and written, as well as presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Working knowledge of SAP/CRM and business analytics strongly preferred
- Budget planning and reconciliation skill
- Proven project management, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A basic understanding of LEAN Management
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- General office environment
- Moderate amount of lifting (up to 20 pounds), standing and walking involved as essential part of job
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time (can include evenings and weekends)
Straumann Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
What can you expect from us?
- An agile and ambitious environment: We are #ChangeMakers.
- Open, friendly colleagues who #collaborate and #support each other: We are #Players+Learners.
- The #freedom to #create and #engage: You can leave your #FootprintInDentistry.
- An employer who invests in our #inspiring corporate #culture.
- The #opportunity to develop yourself as a person and in your #career. We #grow.
- #Attractive workplaces at great locations – We are a #GlobalPlayer.
- A good salary and many other cool #benefits (depending on location).
- To work for the No. 1 in #Dentistry and one of the leading #MedTech companies.
and many other things more!
What do people say about us as an employer?
See reviews on – –
Stay tuned and connect with us!
Please understand that we do not need external support by recruiting agencies and consultants to fill this vacancy. Thank you for respecting this.
Videos To Watch
Location: Andover, MA
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 02:10:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!