Job title: Director of Accounting
Job description: Who We Are:
The partnership channel offers scale and automation on a pay-for-performance model that delivers the operating leverage necessary for brand survival. Partnerize empowers marketers with technology built to discover, engage, and convert audiences, at scale, all while maintaining brand safety and control.
Why Join Us?
Our commitment to growing partnerships doesn’t end with our clients. Our employees are carefully selected to be a part of our company because they emulate a carefully crafted and practiced set of core values that define us and our business. Joining Partnerize means joining a company that sincerely values your talent, expertise, and passion. We strive each day to hire and retain only the best. Doing so affords us the opportunity to be the best in the business, to exceed our clients’ expectations, to innovate, to teach-and most importantly-to earn and maintain our clients’ loyalty.
The Role: Director of Accounting
Exciting Director of Accounting Role with Private Equity Backed Marketing Technology company that is growing organically and via M&A.
This role is responsible for managing the daily accounting operations with team members located in Philadelphia, Newcastle Upon Tyne (UK) and working remotely. The Company has grown dramatically over the recent years through organic growth and acquisitions. The Director of Accounting will be responsible for day-to-day accounting function, managing the monthly close, owning the general ledger and working to identify opportunities to automate and improve accounting processes.
This role will report to the VP, Global Controller and Treasurer.
2021 Goals and Objectives
- Own the global accounting operations including managing the month end close, ensuring complete and accurate financial statements, reconciliations and reporting.
- Lead the team in day-to-day accounting and month-end close activities
- Ensure compliance for annual GAAP and statutory audits, and required compliance related filings for all domestic and international subsidiaries
- Monthly review of financials, including budget versus actual and period over period variance analysis.
- Maintain a strong internal control environment, updating the design and scope of controls as the business evolves to maintain the integrity of financial reporting. Evolve and improve control documentation with goal to implement SOX within 12-18 months.
- Partner with FP&A & Financial Systems and other cross-functional teams to develop, support, and improve the systems, policies, and procedures necessary to drive efficiency and provide meaningful financial data.
- Identify, design and implement improvements with respect to business processes and financial reporting
- Provide leadership required to grow and strengthen the global Accounting Team, with a commitment to recruiting, training and mentoring
- Possess a deep understanding of ERP systems including sub-modules, including the development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more accounting systems.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational innovation
- Main day-to-day management of the Annual Audit including manage the external audit firm.
- Responsible for Fx, Deferred Revenue, Debt, capex / depreciation
- Subject matter expert in NetSuite. Work with business systems team to implement improvements
- Assess and improve Balance Sheet and Cash Flow forecasting in NetSuite
- Direct & oversee the day-to-day Accounting, Audit, Monthly Close,
- Lead a team of accountants
- Manage and mentor accounting team members
- Process improvement and automation
- Provide leadership regarding technical accounting questions and update the Company on changes to critical accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with statutory reporting filings (international entities) and various tax filings (domestic and international entities).
- 7+ years in Accounting or Finance related field
- Certified Public Accountant
- Outstanding technical accounting skills, including GAAP financial reporting standards
- Accounting leadership at a fast-growing company managing the financial close activities and preparing timely and accurate GAAP financial statements for BOD / investors / lenders
- Knowledge of ERP systems, such as NetSuite
- SaaS and Private Equity experience a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible Time Off Policy – Take the time you need
- Enhanced parental leave (16 weeks for birth parent, 8 weeks for non-birth parent at full pay) and $100 bonus after the birth of your child
- Regular company events and activities
- Robust Company Sponsored Health & Welfare Benefits
- 401k Plan – 4% employee match
- Enhanced Wellness Program including access to EAP and Wellness Coaching
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to attracting, developing, and advancing our outstanding team members, regardless of race, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, gender identity, physical abilities, or any other dimension of diversity. We strive to foster an environment where people can be their authentic selves, raise concerns and innovate, all without fear; where they are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources and can contribute fully to the organization’s success. Every individual in our business is expected to live this commitment without exception.
Location: Austin, TX
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 01:04:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!