Job title: Director of Accounting
Company: Southwest Accounting Resources, Inc
Job description: Growing Real Estate/Property Management company is recruiting for a Director of Accounting. Please note this is NOT a remote position.
Ensures that we provide quality accounting services, financial reporting and analysis, and oversight to our managed facilities and their stakeholders. Directly manages the client-facing accounting team based at the Company’s Scottsdale, AZ corporate headquarters. Leads the staff, directs work, and contributes to strategy and growth planning. This position serves as the lead for Company’s client accounting services teams situated at our regional office locations.
- Participate in developing and deploying strategies related to quality of services, technology, and internal controls.
- Develop and execute plans related to employee retention, cross-training, and recruiting.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of streamlined systems & technology; lead facets of the implementation process.
- Serve as a technical resource; lead team in ensuring reporting is aligned with GAAP and in compliance with other regulatory requirements.
- Identify meaningful KPIs; drive and measure performance against benchmarks.
- Manage client accounting operations; lead the team of accountants and managers that support our managed golf courses with their full-cycle accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and accounts payable.
- Lead the development of our associates; plan and direct work; engage in active performance management and career path development.
- Implement and monitor compliance with standard operating procedures that reflect the Company’s service standards.
- Directly oversee accounting operations for some managed properties; prepare or review deliverables including the monthly financial package, cash flow forecasts, and balance sheet reconciliations. Support annual external audit process where applicable.
- Oversee accounting transitions for new contracts; collaborate with company transition leaders to coordinate a smooth and thorough integration process.
- Make visits to managed properties and regional offices on a periodic basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or finance
- 8-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Accounting.
- CPA preferred, but not required
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, manage projects, and direct work
- Strong technical knowledge related to GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Customer focused and output driven
- Proven ability to execute strategic initiatives
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Accounting software applications experience
For immediate consideration email your resume in a word.doc to Thyra at [email protected]
Expected salary: $120000 – 130000 per year
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 02:25:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!