Job title: Director of Dining Services – Cura
Job description: Job Description:
The Director of Dining Services plans, organizes and oversees all activities and systems in the Dining Service department for an account with under 2 million in managed volume. Functions as the liaison in all administrative roles within the facility and may participate in multidisciplinary capacities. He/She assures that the nutritional needs of the residents are met through clinical nutrition services. Assumes responsibility for budget development and compliance, sanitation, safety, regulatory compliance, menu development, preparation and service of food. Supervises staff and facilitates staff development. Assures Cura standards of quality, service and cleanliness are being met. Makes changes as needed to improve services, increase efficiency, manage costs and meet client requirements. Coaches management team and hourly associates to achieve company goals. Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Client, Patient, and Guest Relations:
- Demonstrates a strong focus on resident and guest satisfaction.
- Coordinates nutrition services with other disciplines. Confers with other department directors and develops a good rapport with the resident care team.
- Frequently visits all service areas to assess resident and customer satisfaction.
- Proactively addresses client needs to enhance client satisfaction and retention.
- Develops meaningful relationship with primary client contact and other key client personnel.
- Accurately assesses and responds quickly to client needs.
- Supports Cura to client and keeps client informed on unit and Cura activities/accomplishments.
- Reviews financial and other data with client on a regular basis.
- Coaches management team on importance of resident and guest satisfaction.
- Works through management team to meet client needs.
- Develops annual budgets for operations and capital equipment needs; works within budget to meet goals.
- Reviews weekly cost accountability and reports variances to the District Manager.
- Fully understands contract and ensures both client and company are in compliance with contract terms.
- Reviews financial data and prepares reports as requested by client or district manager.
- Compiles and reviews weekly financial reports.
- Reviews all aspects of department performance and makes changes as needed to improve services, increase efficiency, manage costs and meet regulatory requirements.
- Frequently visits all dining service areas to assess guest satisfaction levels.
- Ensures systems for food production and service, such as recipes, production sheets, purchasing records, temperature controls etc. are developed and implemented.
- Develops menus to meet resident and guest preferences, seasonal variations and cost objectives.
- Ensures that team member practices meet HACCP and infection control standards.
- Has detailed knowledge of Department of Health and Federal OBRA standards for food and nutrition services. Ensures team member practices comply with regulations.
- Maintains updated policies and procedures to reflect current practices within the department.
- Enforces safety standards with team members. Ensures safety problems are corrected to prevent staff injuries.
- Ensures sanitation standards are enforced. Directs other team members in implementation of routine cleaning procedures.
- Ensures security of storage areas, computer equipment and department cash on hand.
- Attends required department director meetings, training sessions and resident meetings.
- Maintains a planning system for special events. Organizes and executes special events to deliver high quality, cost effective and timely events.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and staff records according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Makes necessary operational adjustments throughout the year to assure conformance with policy, procedures and practices.
- Prepares written goals and objectives for entire department/site. Translates these into action plans for self and team.
- Following established policies, coordinates the food and supplies acquisition and receiving process.
- Ensures management team implements corporate marketing programs, uses appropriate merchandising techniques.
Human Resource Practices:
- Adheres to the human resource policies and procedures of the facility, treats team members with fairness and respect.
- Participates in the hiring, orientation, training, appraisal and discipline of team members.
- Ensures team members are trained and competent to perform job duties.
- Serves as a role model for team members by maintaining standards for appearance, dress, attendance, and professional behavior.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Meets with staff weekly on a formal and informal basis.
- Maintains a plan for self-development and profession growth.
- Collaborates with other members of management to develop plans for their development and professional growth. Helps them to set annual goals.
- Works with District Manager in the hiring, training, appraisal and discipline of salaried associates.
- Develops and coaches management team to ensure a positive work environment and a clear understanding of HR policies and procedures.
- Works through management team to maintain staff productivity, engagement and morale.
- Seeks assistance to improve staffing/productivity, morale and other aspects of employee relations as appropriate from others in the company.
- Assures that regular departmental meetings for entire staff are held to communicate plans, programs and policies, to teach to resolve problems and to seek suggestions for improvements. Assures pre-shift meetings are held.
- Serves as a role model for team members by maintaining standards for appearance, dress, attendance and professional behavior.
- 3+ years of foodservice management experience
- Certified Dietary Manager Certification or Registered Dietitian preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food service systems and administration.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software required.
- Advanced skills in math and financial management desired.
- Bachelor or Associate degree in culinary, nutrition, or hospitality-related field preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Lifting objects up to 40 pounds.
- Bending, reaching, grasping and lifting.
- Walking long distances.
- Exposure to high noise levels.
- Exposure to high heat and humidity levels.
- Manipulation of writing instruments, keyboards, telephones.
Job Hazards include:
- Burns, cuts, slips, falls and back sprains.
About Elior NA
Elior North America enhances people’s lives through culinary innovation and a commitment to providing exemplary service. Our family of companies, with more than 18,000 employees, provides food services and catering to over 1,500 client accounts in five industry segments across the continental United States. We are proud to be the fifth largest culinary management company in the country and excited to be the fastest growing organization in the industry.
We focus on three ingredients for success to differentiate Elior from our competitors and position our company as a disruptor in the markets we serve. To support our ingredients for success and drive our mission and values, we need talented team members throughout our family of companies.
Do you have what it takes to be a part of the company that is, “Small enough to care…and…Big enough to make a difference”?
Elior North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Location: Richmond, VA
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 04:37:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!