Job title: Director of Engineering
Company: The Marcus Corporation
Job description: What You’ll Do
The Director of Engineering acts as the most senior leader in the Engineering and Maintenance department.
- The Director of Engineering oversees all Engineering and Maintenance operations at The Hotel and The Commoner Restaurant.
- Will work closely with General Manager and supervise the department and hotel maintenance operations.
- Ensure the hotel is staffed with trained maintenance and engineering professionals.
- Ensure team is following all safety procedures, lock out tag out, OSHA compliance and all policies.
- Attend any and all training that is necessary to perform job, learn new systems or be in company or building compliance.
- Operate, maintain and/or repair equipment, including but not limited to pumps, boilers, chillers, HVAC, painting, electrical, mechanical, lighting, plumbing.
- Assist team with guest requests, hotel projects.
- Replace lights, bulbs, fixtures, room appliances.
- Ensure maintenance on room and hotel appliances.
- Ensure all building inspections are up to date and compliant.
- Ensure building is staffed with at least one maintenance person per shift.
- Maintain day to day operation/log/schedules/payroll.
- Maintain par stock of materials needed for operations/repairs/maintenance.
- Maintain accurate logs of all equipment tests/proper requisitions/timely requests for any needed supplies.
- Ensure schedule is posted timely and payroll is timely.
- Ensure all finance and accounting duties are timely with invoices/ordering/PO’s/other.
- Maintain positive relations with People & Culture and all associates/leaders.
- Duties as assigned by General Manager or Company Manager.
- Recruiting and interviewing for Maintenance and Engineering open positions.
- Development and discipline for Engineering associates.
- Organize and hold monthly department communication meetings, trainings as necessary.
- Be a team player within the hotel, associates, departments, management team.
- Attend all hotel meetings as requested/invited.
- The Engineering team at The Hotel Monaco and The Commoner Restaurant also assists with Lost and Found, Security and researching accidents with the General Manager or Director of People & Culture (HR) as requested.
What You Bring
- Must be able to read and interpret documents to include: Blueprints/Schematics, Procedure manuals, OSHA standards such as LockOut/TagOut, SDS, etc.
- Possess the individual ability to troubleshoot, repair and/or maintain all of the following:
- Physical building to include all FF&E
- A/C and refrigeration equipment
- Electrical systems
- Mechanical equipment (i.e. motors, starters, pumps, fans, etc.)
- Plumbing and drains
- Pneumatic and electronic systems and controls
- Fire Alarm and Life Safety equipment
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Analytical skills in order to be able to assess and identify problems and then implement solutions.
- Represent the hotel and company in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Must be able to safely use hand and power tools.
- Must be able to work any of the three shifts, as needed.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
We are People Pleasing People.
Marcus Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 01:50:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!