Job title: Director of Finance
Company: Bicycle Transit Systems Inc
Job description: is a Philadelphia-based, woman-owned business that operates and manages the Philadelphia, Los Angeles and Las Vegas bike share programs as well as a national bike share call center. Founded in 2014, Bike Transit has evolved from a start-up and is seeking a mission and values driven leader to oversee all financial aspects and support execution of the company’s financial strategy. The Director of Finance will report directly to the CEO and work in close collaboration with system leaders and Bike Transit’s owner.
The Director of Finance will serve as a key leader in the development and implementation of Bike Transit’s 5-year strategic plan with a focus on financial goals, strategies and key performance indicators. This role will lead the Finance team in all technical accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and risk management activities. We are looking for a self-starting, mission-driven, highly detailed professional with management experience who uses technology to solve problems and is an excellent multi-tasker.
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- 15 days PTO + 10 company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave
- Free bike share memberships
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Planning, Management & Strategy
- Provide oversight on accounting team functions including the monthly close, taxes, preparation of internal and external financial statements.
- Ensure proper and timely compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and best practices, including but not limited to tax laws, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), IRS rules and cost accounting standards (CAS).
- Oversee audits on time and with minimal or no adjustments.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard assets.
- Ensure accounting team successfully completes annual budgeting and forecasting as well as monitors and manages financing and cash flow.
- Oversee the monthly variance analysis of actual operating, capital and project spending vs. plan, forecast and prior year; including recommendations for cost control
- Manage long-term financing plan; serve as lead on securing and maintaining company financing.
- In collaboration with the CEO and HR Director, oversee employee benefit plan renewal.
- Demonstrate proven ability in developing models and conducting analyses that identify critical trends, support strategic decision making and create forward visibility.
- Manage the production of reporting tools and key performance metrics to provide management insight into revenue and operating expense trends and potential risks/opportunities to forecast or plan.
- Partner with senior leaders to push the boundaries of current and future departmental goals and strategies.
- Act as key leader in development, implementation and measurement of Bike Transit’s financial goals and key performance indicators in collaboration with CEO, COO, Chief Equity and Strategy Officer, and owner; facilitate measurement and reporting on KPIs.
- Conduct financial modeling for new products, services and markets.
- Act as Company Finance subject matter expert and resource.
Leadership and Relationship Management
- Manage the Finance Team.
- Set clear expectations and goals for the team that align the daily activities with Bike Transit’s financial goals, strategies and key performance indicators.
- Provide oversight on the hiring, training, and performance management of the Finance team.
- Develop the team to meet or exceed performance expectations and encourage professional growth.
- Effectively manage individual and team projects from planning through to timely completion; ensure efficient resourcing, proactive risk management, and excellent communication.
- Ensure positive and productive collaboration with system General Managers, budget managers and other key organizational team members.
- Maintain relationships with banking, insurance brokers, tax brokers and consultants.
- Mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
- Review contracts (leases, van financing, contractors, financial obligations, City contracts) and act as liaison to external attorneys in partnership with the CEO.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage and lead renewals, claims, audits, etc.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Report risk issues to CEO.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 10+ years professional experience.
- 5+ years management experience with a similar size organization or larger CPA firm.
- Superior skills in management accounting and controls.
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Knowledge of accounting software, and willingness to learn, knowledge of Quickbooks desktop a plus
- Exceptional written and oral communication.
- Ability to organize multiple projects, manage different personalities, demonstrate calm under pressure.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Passion for bikes or sustainability a plus.
- Leadership Skills: Inspire and motivate team; provide a stable, positive environment that challenges and develops employee potential; remove obstacles that interfere with team goals.
- Emotional Intelligence: Self-aware, easily establishes trust and integrity with clients and staff; leads with empathy while holding team members accountable.
- Communication Skills: Collaborate and communicate effectively; requires listening, strategic context, win-win negotiating, situational leadership; great written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Delegation and Project Management: Clearly outline project goals and deliverables, delegate, manage project milestones and hold staff accountable; strong problem-solving aptitude. Ability to identify priorities and focus on critical tasks.
- Resource Management: Work collaboratively with the team to find creative ways to accomplish goals in the face of resource constraints; develop and manage realistic operating budgets that accomplish program objectives.
- Continuous Improvement: Proficient in company best practices in each function; looks for ways to improve efficiency and performance; analyzes data to make fact-based decisions; incorporates feedback from various stakeholders to improve processes.
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify, analyze and understand root causes of issues to innovatively develop and implement measurable solutions.
- Adaptability: Enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands; maintain team focus and optimism when dealing with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
Physical Requirements and Special Demands:
- This is a hybrid role that will require on-site presence in the office to address ad-hoc, in-person requests and personnel matters. *COVID-19 protocols?may?supplant this requirement?
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job.
- This role requires the ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand, understand the speech of another person, see details of objects that are less than a few feet away, stand or sit for several hours straight at a time, and bend or stoop as necessary.
- This is a full-time position. Hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Weekend and evening hours may be required.
- This position will require overnight travel a few times a year and frequent local travel during the business day.
- Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Expected salary: $125000 per year
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 07:10:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!