Job title: Director of Marketing, Koolaburra
Job description: Job Title: Director of Marketing, Koolaburra by Ugg
Reports to: GM, Koolaburra by Ugg
Location: Goleta or Los Angeles area
Koolaburra is the sister brand to our well-known Ugg brand and the newest brand in the Decker’s portfolio. In seven short years, Koolaburra by Ugg has become a lifestyle brand that delivers exceptional footwear, outerwear, lounge/sleep, and home products at accessible prices for the millennial family.
The Director of Marketing plays an important role in creating and driving the Koolaburra by Ugg marketing strategy, positioning, value proposition, and expression in the market to unlock brand value, inspire consumer engagement, and deliver commercial results. In close partnership with the brand GM, this individual will influence how consumers think about and connect with Koolaburra, leveraging marketing expertise to steer the brand through the next inflection point and phase of growth.
This individual will create and execute a scalable, global marketing strategy, in close partnership with omnichannel marketing teams that strategically advances the Brand’s visibility, distribution, and market share; Ensures synergy of marketing across Koolaburra brand functions to ensure one holistic brand presentation with distinct and consistent DNA; Strategically leverages and integrates consumer insights, emerging digital/social/mobile media, consumer affinity programs, field/trade marketing, and public relations to create significant brand awareness and unique brand experiences that drive consumer interest, brand loyalty, traffic, and sales.
This role is responsible for instilling a team culture that forwards Decker’s values and vision for an employee-centric organization that puts our people first; Actively foster an environment where employees take pride in the work they do and inspire each other to reach their full potential – because they know they are contributing to something greater than themselves and have the freedom to be the person they want to be.
This role will also partner closely with Fashion Lifestyle (FL) brand leaders to leverage knowledge and best practices, and to optimize Koolaburra within the FL product portfolio.
We celebrate diversity–of your background, your experiences, and your unique identity. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace where all our employees can Come as They Are. We believe that when we bring our different perspectives to work, we are truly Better Together.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
- In partnership with the Koolaburra GM, create and implement short and long-term brand marketing strategies based on comprehensive consumer insights, understanding of distribution channels, and demand and profit drivers of the business. Develop and execute marketing implementation plans that integrate across all marketing platforms, brand communications, digital, events, social media, PR, etc.
- Ensure consistent brand tone of voice for all mediums and marketing channels
- Partner with global Omnichannel distribution and marketing teams to drive, attract, and retain new consumers to the brand through innovative marketing solutions
- Leverage digital channels and solutions to drive community and consumer engagement, and build brand heat and loyalty
Who You Are
You are a leader, a partner, a collaborator, curious and eager to innovate, test, learn, coach, educate and evolve. You value the importance of data and consumer insights and appreciate the creative process. You understand marketing technology and have a vision for connecting Koolaburra to our target consumers in an authentic and meaningful way in both digital and physical touchpoints.
We’d love to hear from people with
- 10+ years’ experience in similar senior-level marketing experience in a combination of 2 or more of the following areas: global brand marketing, branding, digital marketing, category marketing, etc., including at least 5+ years in a marketing leadership role over a team of 4+ employees
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent combination education/experience
- Proven track record of success in brand building
- Demonstrated experience creating brand and category marketing strategies for a global audience with multiple distribution channels (wholesale, ecommerce); Lifestyle footwear and industry experience preferred, with strong knowledge of industry competitive landscape; Strong understanding of how to leverage and integrate marketing KPIs
- Demonstrated experience developing marketing solutions and creative strategies/briefs aligned with long term organization and brand goals
- Strong understanding of evolving digital and social marketing platforms, technology, and tools, including integrated digital platforms and channels
- Demonstrated experience influencing across a complex organization to achieve results
- Demonstrated experience implementing and adhering to marketing KPI and ROI guidelines, including expert understanding of marketing metrics, consumer insights, market research, trends analysis, etc.
- Expert understanding of Omnichannel environment, with strong knowledge of the global footwear industry and its consumers
- Demonstrated presentation skills at the senior level, with experience influencing and motivating broad audiences (sales meetings, key accounts, internal teams, etc.)
- Able to champion & develop innovative principles & concepts to affect change
- Demonstrated experience shaping and developing highly motivated and effective teams
- Proven experience driving marketing and brand innovation, as well as a passion for consumer engagement, through emerging methodologies and technology
What We’ll Give You
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses – We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing – No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work – Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks – Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development – Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness – There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.
Location: Goleta, CA
Job date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 07:52:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!