Job title: Director of Sales and Marketing-El Capitan Hotel
Company: El Capitan Hotel
Job description: Description:
This position will support the El Capitan Hotel in Merced, CA, as well as the Mainzer Theater. These historic properties are anchored in Downtown Merced where they are being transformed and brought back to life to serve and uplift the community of Merced and the greater Central Valley. Enriching the community is at the heart and soul of our work and we are seeking a Director of Sales & Marketing that wants to be a part of an energetic team that is working to renew Downtown Merced and beyond.
El Capitan provides historic, sophisticated, and central lodging in Merced. Perfectly situated in downtown Merced in one of the oldest buildings on Main Street, El Capitan Hotel is a journey through time that blends convenience with university culture in California’s heartland. Here students, business travelers, and locals mix and mingle among the timeless facades of a burgeoning central business district. Historic detail and hand-crafted style evoke the spirit of the west, paying homage to the hotel’s roots as the town’s first railroad depot and to the agrarian lifestyle that defines the region. Restored to its former glory, El Capitan remains a haven for travelers seeking a central launching point to work, school, or the golden warmth of the Central Valley.
The Director of Sales, Events, and Marketing has direct oversight of the Sales and Event operations of the hotel. Responsibilities include the Sales, Marketing and Events Budget/P&L, revenue forecasting, advertising, marketing, developing and writing business plans, and ownership meetings. Additionally, this role leads the development and implementation of both short-term and long-term strategies in all sales, catering and marketing channels to achieve hotel’s revenue goals and increase market share performance.
The Director of Sales, Events, and Marketing leads sales and event managers, trainees, interns, and administrative staff. They manage recruitment and hiring of sales and event services staff, training, managing and coaching managers in their selling and servicing process in order to meet company goals and maximize hotel revenues. Must be able to train and monitor the group and transient contractual agreement process, quoting rates, sending referrals, setting traces, and the management of retention, reactivation, and acquisition accounts. The Director of Sales and Marketing reports directly to the Managing Director of El Capitan and Mainzer. Previous hotel experience is required.
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. As a member of the property’s Leadership Committee, the Director of Sales, Events, and Marketing is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership.
Successful leaders at Hyatt lead by example and model the organizations values and purpose. Hyatt provides an innovative environment where you can take pride in developing yourself and those around you. We achieve success for and through others by building trust and engagement, resulting in impactful outcomes for all stakeholders. If you would like to participate in a caring award winning environment this experience is for you.
- Prior hotel experience is required with relevant sales and event services experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- Professional presentations skills
- Must be a caring leader that builds trust and engagement by cultivating genuine relationships.
- Innovative thinker that will challenge business processes and concepts in order to drive results.
- Must be creative and strategic in developing marketing/advertising campaigns and be managing various social media platforms
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be proficient with computers as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and the internet
- Comfortable with sales and revenue systems/programs
- Flexible to work some nights and weekends when necessary based on business and staffing needs
Location: Merced, CA
Job date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 23:15:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!