Job title: Director of Sales – Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria
Job description: About us
A little curiosity can take you anywhere. So, at Hotel Indigo ®, we do more than satisfy our guest’s curiosity, we inspire them. Our passionate colleagues help create memorable and unique experiences for our guests; in a place truly connected to the local neighborhood, infused with intriguing design and local flavors. Where every day brings new discoveries, fresh experiences, and unexpected ideas.
And just like our hotels, no two colleagues are the same. So we’re curious about you. How will you inspire the eclectic rhythm in our hotels? How will you bring the local neighborhood story to life? At Hotel Indigo® hotels, we’re excited to meet spirited characters who can delight the most curious guests.
At Hotel Indigo we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original. Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident. Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what’s going on. Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
Each Hotel Indigo® property is uniquely designed to reflect the culture, character and history of the surrounding neighborhood. Nestled on the shores of one of the busiest ports in America, Hotel Indigo® Old Town Alexandria is a charming enclave of colonial treasures and historic waterfront architecture. Between Old Town’s iconic cobblestones to the north and the Potomac’s storied banks to the east, our boutique hotel showcases the neighborhood’s dynamic allure. Traces of Alexandria’s colonial past are evident throughout the hotel, but the story got subterranean when crews unearthed a 50-foot vessel during construction. According to archaeologists, the ship was abandoned in the late 18th century and served as a crucial part of the process responsible for extending the waterfront.
Your day to day
We are looking for a dynamic Director of Sales who will develop and implement sales and marketing strategies for the beautiful Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria, and create and implement tactical plans with the team to ensure revenue goals are achieved.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans.
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
- Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Manage day-to-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognize good performance.
- Educate and train sales team that is responsible for developing new accounts, maintain existing accounts, and implement sales strategies. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Work with other department managers to ensure proper staffing levels based on guest volume.
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales and food & beverage sales.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the Sales Office and prospective clients.
- Identify operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department on solutions.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
What we need from you
For you to be the ideal candidate, you should have the following:
- 8+ years of sales and marketing related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, business administration, marketing or communications
- Possess prior leadership experience in directly managing a department within similar hotel scope and display strong leadership competencies
- Possess strong creative and analytical skills to create and assess impact of sales and marketing programs and be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc. and may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Computer proficiency is required.
- Highly developed written and verbal English communication skills to effectively negotiate, persuade, influence, and sell are critical
- Proven track record of business milestones
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discounts and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
Location: Alexandria, VA
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 22:04:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!